New Game I Just Started Playing.

Descend into the randomness if you dare.

New Game I Just Started Playing.

Postby Lightmoore » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:06 am

Has anybody played the game ARK:Survival Evolved. A friend of mine asked me to check it out and I have. Its a game where you start out with nothing but a pair of boxer and you have to live and learn skills in a world a lot like Jurassic Park. You must Evolve your skills as you go along and build and make items to help you survive.

So far I have only made it to Lv 4 as I either die or in one case got mugged and lost all of my stuff to some guy(kid) that beat me over the head and then striped me.

its a lot of work to get started but its not too bad I guess.

only real draw back so far is I haven't found out how to save what I have done so far. so each time I enter game I have to start over and hope I don't die in the first 30 sec. of entering game :???:
Lightmoore

Re: New Game I Just Started Playing.

Postby NameAceSNIPER » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:04 pm

Hey, I actually found this game around 2 months ago, its a fantastic game if you have friends to play with. I've put around 130+ hours into it. It can get a little tiresome if you just play by yourself. If you have a good friend group I would definitely play with them.

Personally i haven't had a good experience with the official servers. What I did with my friends and what one of your friends or you could do is host a non-dedicated server which comes with few movement restrictions but is tons of fun. Or you can host your own server with some friends for 17 dollars a month divided by how many friends want to help. This is what me an my friends have moved to and it is well worth it and a lot of fun.

If you want to get to the meat of the game, I would suggest turning up the taming and exp gain to the multiplier of 3. It helps you get through the early grindy parts of the game so you can get to the late game grind quicker.

For your saving problem its probably because you keep pressing create new character when instead you should be pressing random spawn. Once you get a bed you can spawn there but until then you'll just have to go find where you died.

If you have any questions about the game or want to talk about it feel free to send me a pm.
NameAceSNIPER

Postby Lightmoore » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:00 am

Thanks for the info, I think that's my problem I keep making a new Char. . didn't get in Ins. with this game so I am working my way throw it by reading what I can find and YouTube.
Lightmoore

Postby Lightmoore » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:25 am

glad I didn't live over a 150,000 years ago even without the dinos to give you trouble life would of been hell as had Hunter Gather.

I have made it up to lv 32 and I still have a long way to go. Lots of things out there what to eat you more then you want to eat them.

Spent the day trying to tame Dodo birds so I could get some Easter eggs off of them.
Lightmoore

Postby Lightmoore » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:51 am

Been playing now for over 7months and I just cant get enough of it, the new center servers and now Scorched Earth even have Dragons. Just Crazy cool game to play.
Lightmoore

Return to Off Topic