Setting up a Discord for Novus Aeterno?

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

Setting up a Discord for Novus Aeterno?

Postby RedLinkWill » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:00 am

I had already posted this on the steam, but I doubt anyone would notice, so I'll just delete the other one and posted here instead. It's not exactly a game or website suggestion, but maybe it can help get news out faster.

What is Discord?
-similar to skype/teamspeak/mumble, but arguably more flexible/accessible
-runs in browser if you don't want to download
-free, not even registration required(but some servers can restrict unregistered users)
-easy to setup permissions
-faster than most other apps(or at least as fast as your browser will allow it if you choose not to download)
-can run bots to do certain tasks(give permissions for example)

So the community has been very quiet lately. It is also a hassle just to twiddle our thumbs and check every few months for an update. So for a temporary solution, I was thinking that we can set up a discord server for the Novus Aeterno community. It might be a lot easier to notify on here than on the website, especially when discord is a growing application that is probably surpassing other triple A applications like skype or teamspeak, which both require download and, for skype, registration. It is also lower latency and faster overall, so simply bringing Discord up is a benefit of knowing a better alternative to whatever is taking your money nowadays.

I meant this as temporary server assuming that the developers would want to eventually delete the discord and allow other users to setup their own(as a far as faction-based goes on Novus Aeterno). I can setup a discord and hand over the "owner" to one of the moderators if that will make things easier. From there, it is how ever the person(s) running it to choose on whether or not they'd like to keep it permanent or just until development. The positive note is that development is very long.

I am actually surprised that no one has recently brought the idea up, especially when Discord has been out for a while now. Or maybe everyone else knows, just has not brought it up to this forum.
Some screenshots: http://prntscr.com/eccirw
Same thing, just with a different theme and chat layout(IRC style I think): http://prntscr.com/eccpsn
RedLinkWill

Re: Setting up a Discord for Novus Aeterno?

Postby ante185 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:16 am

I don't think there's much interest in it atm, maybe once it's playable
Realised something about myself, caused me a personal crisis and gave me w new hobby. Now I need how to draw fml
ante185

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:51 am

Discord is nice, although I haven't used it a lot I very much like it.
I think it would be a good idea to set one up as soon as there is a new testbuild (or a little before that)!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby TripleSteel » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:50 pm

Once NA becomes a bit more 'active' again I think an official discord is an awesome idea.
TripleSteel
Community Volunteer

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback