Azendi theory idea

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

Azendi theory idea

Postby Therianwolf » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 am

Along with what I said during the live stream with "tapping" population to generate theories, they meditate to become a tuned to the energies of the cosmos to have "truths" revealed to them. You could make it that there is a risk involved, so say you have shit luck and doom that sector or whatever either becomes "poisoned" from a psionic storm (Starcraft idea yes but eh), could blow up from uncontrolled energy vortexes or whatever. Additionally if a unit is more experienced, like the whole officer thing, then it not only increases the chances of successful theories and experimentation but also reduced the chances of catastrophic failure. This would mean azendi players could/would have to choose to risk those valuable "officers" to get theories but also run that risk of loosing them or just play it safe, high risk high reward.

Edit: also you could have a value involved where the number of population on a planet would also either increase or decrease the chance of success. And for the actual experimentation of theories could require ships or moons or something remote away from their planets to be completed. This would create more of a balance for their whole process and give pirate players something to look for
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Re: Azendi theory idea

Postby Collin » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:45 pm

I was thinking the Azendi were going to be more vague in how to control them. I feel like a being that can shift reality doesnt think about whats happening in its reality. his biggest trait would be to Cosmically sift throught all the information he can detect, and use that information to smite foes and what not and the other.
So the Theory could be randomly generated over time and with more population more frequency, as one by one cosmic events get found out by individuals, and that info gets uploaded to a conciseness high-way, and you can group cosmic events by your interests and your planets will react to more anomalies within that sector of physics or consciousness or whatever the end product is ;)
Maybe you can offer awards to the individuals in planets and whatever azendi uses for ships rewards and thats how your "crew" gets formed
Collin

Re: Azendi theory idea

Postby Therianwolf » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:15 am

I might be reading it wrong but wasnt what I suggested very similar? At least with the first half, the second ya lost me on but I think I get what you are saying. However, this is a game with rules and that's what I am trying to work around. Something the programmer can actually code, RNG'o'plenty sure but still structured with clear cause and effects
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback