Ship Capture

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

Ship Capture

Postby TheMightySpin » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:12 pm

I'm fairly surprised no-one else has suggested this one yet, but it would be awesome to have some way to board and capture enemy ships. The easiest way to do it would be to have a component like an Assault Pod Bay that would be used like a Fighter Bay in combat. Chance of capture could be based on ship class and/or Infantry stats once ground combat gets squared away. It would make space pirating much more viable and give some good benefits to most aspects of D.I.M.E., particularly the Intelligence, Military and Economics. Diplomats could use captured Commanders like hostages in negotiations. Intelligence players could gain access to enemy fleet Intel, base locations, communication controls, etc., or use the ship for false flag operations or sneak attacks. Military players could make use of back-engineering to gain access to new technologies (as could Intel players) or just have free ships to add to their fleet. Economic players could sell captured resources, components or even whole ships (might make the market a more interesting place).

So there's my bright idea for the day, have fun with it!
In the beginning, there was chaos, and the chaos was the Infantry, the Queen of Battle. However, the Queen was alone. And fear was with the Infantry, so she cried out unto the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid!"

The Lord said unto them, "I shall send unto you a race of men noble in heart and spirit." And the Lord created the Field Artillery, and named them the King of Battle.

And the Lord gave the King big guns and big bullets. And the Infantry were jealous, for they had none. And the Lord gave the Field Artillery rockets and missiles and nukes. And when the Infantry saw this, they fell to their knees in awesome wonder, saying surely the Lord is on the side of the Field Artillery, the King of Battle

Hail to the King, Baby
TheMightySpin

Re: Ship Capture

Postby Sypheria » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:19 pm

That's coming in with the piracy update.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback