Start clean

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

Start clean

Postby Thirlan » Sat May 23, 2015 6:31 pm

Below are merely my opinions. I don't expect these to apply to everyone, nor for everyone to agree with them. Just providing my personal feedback.

I've logging into the game here and then to see what has changed. My empire is still there since 4 months ago, however I'm primarily waiting to start playing when three things occur:

1. We get a clean start: by this I mean when I first start the game I expect it to be like a civ game where I know nothing and I have nothing. When the servers were launched about 5 months ago it was not a clean start. I had a planet full of stuff pre-built, filled with resources and I pretty much had every ship and tech it seemed. For me that was a kill joy. Part of the fun is starting from nothing and through building/teching you get somewhere.

2. Clean up research: I still get errors when doing research, "Alter action rejected for lab #0, sectorId 61704, planet 191 - (action 3, associatedID 5)". The font is so small I can't read and changing resolution does nothing. Give more description as to what I'm researching and what it can lead to, otherwise my decision making process is just a matter of flipping coins... not very strategic.

3. Things don't build instantly: The production speed feels like I'm still in beta testing. Buildings, ships, research are all built in 10 seconds.

On a side note, please do something about the "Reports". 690 mails is not manageable with the current interface. Group them into one mail or something...
Thirlan

Re: Start clean

Postby Therianwolf » Sat May 23, 2015 10:48 pm

I'm sure Sypheria or Tyrius will give a nice detailed reply to your points. Basically we are all waiting on a major update that will change a lot and for the better. Nothing else can really be really done until that update, beyond bug fixing and other minor tweaks so far as I know.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sun May 24, 2015 3:54 am

Therianwolf pretty much nailed it :D

Thirlan wrote:Below are merely my opinions. I don't expect these to apply to everyone, nor for everyone to agree with them. Just providing my personal feedback.
This pretty much applies to all feedback, and that is what we are looking for :) So first of all thank you (and everyone else who gives feedback) for taking your time to help improve the game.

I've logging into the game here and then to see what has changed. My empire is still there since 4 months ago, however I'm primarily waiting to start playing when three things occur:

1. We get a clean start: by this I mean when I first start the game I expect it to be like a civ game where I know nothing and I have nothing. When the servers were launched about 5 months ago it was not a clean start. I had a planet full of stuff pre-built, filled with resources and I pretty much had every ship and tech it seemed. For me that was a kill joy. Part of the fun is starting from nothing and through building/teching you get somewhere.
I remember the times when you started off with an almost empty planet. By then the servers reset quite frequently, so you had almost no chance to get something going. And even without wipes it took forever to get even the most basic buildings manned up and running.
For testing it just wasn't working out well (see 3.)

2. Clean up research: I still get errors when doing research, "Alter action rejected for lab #0, sectorId 61704, planet 191 - (action 3, associatedID 5)". The font is so small I can't read and changing resolution does nothing. Give more description as to what I'm researching and what it can lead to, otherwise my decision making process is just a matter of flipping coins... not very strategic.
AFAIK the next update will also overhaul research entirely, something that I think means a huge improvement to the game.

3. Things don't build instantly: The production speed feels like I'm still in beta testing. Buildings, ships, research are all built in 10 seconds.
I think we have yet to leave alpha (correct me if I'm wrong), so as you pointed out: Gameplay is still at testing speed.

On a side note, please do something about the "Reports". 690 mails is not manageable with the current interface. Group them into one mail or something...
Same there, the reports are also mostly placeholders. I think it's save to say that the update will come with quite a few imnprovements to the UI.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Therianwolf » Mon May 25, 2015 12:26 am

Something worth keeping in mind with regard to point 3, novus still has yet to be on steam early access. They were given the green light LONG AGO but have held off until they feel satisfied that the product won't disappoint. I don't know how others feel but if it isn't on steam early access then it hasn't reached beta status yet in my books.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Vorcex » Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:45 am

when is the next update due?
Vorcex

Postby Sypheria » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:53 am

When it's ready.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby darkae » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:46 am

matt your ego is your worst enemy
darkae

Postby Sypheria » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:13 am

That doesn't make any sense.
My ego does not control when the next update is ready and I'm not even involved in the development of the next update in anyway.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:46 pm

I think I get what they are trying to saying but it's not issue of ego. Let me guess the thing about sypheria that bugs you would best be described as something that results in a palm/face moment?
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback