Strategic Zoom

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

Strategic Zoom

Postby Mered4 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Been playing for about three hours and I already don't like the zoom :/

I'm sure you guys already have plans to change it (it feels clunky and....well....jerky), but here's my suggestion:

1) Unify all zoom levels and make the zoom smoothly transition between each. So, by simply zooming out, I should be able to go from sector view -> galactic view without any of the thresholds that interrupt each phase of zoom. This gives the player more freedom of movement and allows them to see the amazing fleet they've built from all angles.

2) Allow the middle mouse free look in all stages of zoom except galactic and sector.

I'm taking cues from Planetary Annihilation and Supreme Commander here, but I just don't like NOT having that sort of freedom of movement. It helps me see the battle better and allows for better intel gathering on enemy ships.

Keep it up! The game is clunky but it's in alpha. I like it so far :)
Mered4

Re: Strategic Zoom

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:17 am

As you have already said zoom is not final. There was an early demo-like implementation of the 3d bridge a while ago, with the addition/removal of that zoom was also changed and has been a temporary implementation ever since.

If you like the game so far, I think you will enjoy the next version a lot, it will be much better ;)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback