diminishing returns

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

diminishing returns

Postby damien3221 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 am

I am unaware if this has already been suggested but I was thinking about a mechanic where when your empire reaches a sort of apex, you will start to receive diminishing returns on the capture of more planets and can in fact start to have a negative income due to corruption, worker apathy, governmental dissconnect, rebellion or even fleets mutiny when your empire reaches a certain size and it would give older players some internal politics to wrestle with whilst trying to maintain a hold on there empire, if these things could be discoverable by other players it could also open up another avenue of attack by specifically I sighting riots, bribing corrupt officials ect.
damien3221

Re: diminishing returns

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:20 am

Planetary politics and population satisfaction will be a thing that you will have to deal with.
There are mechanics in place that will effectively limit the size/growth of empires, like having to grow population and getting it to new planets, while also having a population cap per planet depending on the kind of planet.
There is also the limited amount of command points, which makes defending a huge empire a hard to manage task.
That alongside with small caps on alliance sizes I think should be enough to prevent single players/alliances from becoming too big/dominating.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback