Lore: New Ideas

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

Lore: New Ideas

Postby ProphetUmos » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:44 pm

I am so excited that you guys are back and showed us your new engine. As you mentioned in the developer update that you guys are building the game from the beginning. As I love the new features that are in this new engine better than the last one, I feel like you guys should update or add to the lore of the game. For me story is very important in the development of a video game and I understand you guys are busy with development. So I decided to create this forum page to help with lore.
Here are Some of my Ideas
The Nebulan: an mysterious ancient civilization that is rumored to have ruled an empire that has expanded to control 1% of the entire Universe. They are older than the Veru'nas, the Acaeans, the Grell and every alien civilizations recorded. The Nebulans were dominant for billions of years until a tragic event diminished their once great empire and disappeared to travel to the "Center of the Universe", leaving their technology, knowledge, and their significants behind. Nebulan Technology is much more advanced than the Grell and the Veru'nas, as they discovered and explore many fields in Science and Physics which others couldn't. As of today, Nebulan Technology is difficult to understand and use by many but, if you put dedicated in research, can give your Empire the upper hand and open an unexplored tech tree which you can improve further.

The Brutes: Part of the Savages Faction of the Veru'nas, they are known for sacking planets, attacking random vessels and massacring entire settlements, the Brutes show no mercy to anyone. They are often nickname the Scourge of Civilization

The Theists/Fundamentalist/Pagans (still deciding a name) Part of the Superior Faction of The Cauldron Born, they are religious sect that has expanded their teaching across the Universe. They believe in Deities that control many aspects of the Universe and follow a strict code of how they should live their lives. They are the largest multiracial society with more than 1000 member species that they deemed as worth to the gods. They only convert Cauldron Borns and other species who they see as worth and will not accept Humans, Veru'nas, Acaeans, or the Azendi as they view them corrupt and evil.

The Dreken(might change it in the Future): Part of the Sapient Faction of the Acaeans, They are the most advanced Acaeans with technology that rivals the Veru'nas. They origined in planet Drekus, where they evolved from the Acaeans that mutated from the environment. They have also descended from the Grell as at least 20% of an average Dreken DNA is from Grell origin. The Dreken use Conventional technology and weapons that best the Humans and the Cauldron born. They are ruled by Nobles who have 40% or more Grell DNA with the Emperors having almost 50%. They have pure hatred for Azendi for the Genocide against their Ancestors. Many Drekens are known for not consider themselves as Acaeans and see other Acaeans as inferior.

I will expanding the lore of these factions in the future. Comment below any ideas you would like to add to the lore.
ProphetUmos

Re: Lore: New Ideas

Postby ProphetUmos » Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:52 pm

The Horde: part of the Feral Faction of the Acaeans, they are a swarm of Feral Acaeans that attack and raze planets. They have no being commanding them and work mutually to survive
ProphetUmos

Postby ProphetUmos » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 pm

The Shadowborn: Part of the Broken Faction of the Cauldron Born, they are considered an abomination by the many others. Unlike Imperial Cauldron Borns, they were born without emotions or an identity, making them narcissistic towards other as they view organics and other form of life weak. Despite having this sense of great importance and supremacy, they are not necessarily evil.
ProphetUmos

Postby Huginn » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:26 am

All these suggested subfactions exist already.
Huginn

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback