Policies (Stellaris Style)

Do you think you could make Novus Aeterno better then us? Let us know, you might actually get something out of it!

Policies (Stellaris Style)

Postby Tech3599 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:13 pm

I would guess this is already being considered/implemented, but I figured I'd mention it anyway. There should be "policies" for managing an empire where one can decide how things are done in their empire. For example, one can decide whether to allow slavery or ban artificial intelligence (poor Cauldron Born) and set policies that affect military and war, such as first contact protocol and war philosophy. I think this would be a very good way of personalizing an empire and causing like empires to form alliances and spurring interesting interactions.
My profile picture is not a shark.
Tech3599

Re: Policies (Stellaris Style)

Postby ProphetUmos » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:17 pm

their planning to implement empire management and policies in the future since this is also a 4x game. I don't think the Cauldron born would be ban since they are their own race but it would be cool to add AI and robotic workers and troops for the Human, the Veru'nas and maybe the Azendi (golem type), while the Cauldron Born has basic models that do their work and not have to worry about AI revolts. They also announced a long time ago about customizing your emperor and their personality. However I do believe they are planning to add these mechanics such as Slavery, Type of government or rule, genetic engineering, Cybernetics (which I hope Paradox add in stellaris as well cause I like the idea evolving your pop that way as well) finance and tax management ( since economics is part of the D.I.M.E system) etc.
ProphetUmos

Postby Tech3599 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:38 pm

I think Stellaris' version of cybernetics is leader enhancements. Also, I think it'd be funny if the Cauldron Born had an AI revolt. xD Also, maybe they could add religion as well (not that I'm religious, I just think it'd be a cool mechanic), causing religious people to hate the Cauldron Born (poor Cauldron Born) in some cases or causing them to avoid cybernetics, and maybe in return cause less revolts in the empire as a result of controlling the media??? I don't know, but I may have just pissed a bunch of people off... The controlling media thing could be its own thing, though.
My profile picture is not a shark.
Tech3599

Postby Lord Tyrius » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:26 am

Here's an old thread I could dig up that might have something on this topic: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1733
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Return to Game Suggestions and Website Feedback