- Infantry: The most basic form of ground unit. 1 weapon, no armor.
- Mechanized Infantry: Basic infantry that has a APC to act as support for the unit, providing some armor to the infantry making them a little harder to kill and a little more capable in combat.
- Powered Armor Units: These are the creme de le creme of the infantry units. Heavily armored with a compliment of weaponry from heavy weapons to assault weapons. Extremely tough, able to take an incredible beating and dish one out.
- Light Tanks: A light form of armor, vulnerable to infantry but extremely effective against armor and buildings.
- Heavy Tank: The Behemoth of tanks, this is a mobile pain station. While still vulnerable to infantry they are extremely effective against light tanks and armored infantry and buildings.
- Mechs/hard armor/power suits: Whatever you want to call them, they are the peak in armored warfare. extremely expensive and awesomely effective with a wide array of weaponry and highly maneuverable.
- Aircraft: This can range from fast interceptors to bombers, used to support infantry on the planets surface and help eliminate valuable targets to pave the way for the invasion force.
Again, just some interesting ideas I had for possible units on the ground.