Can Ships be Deleted?

Come talk tactics with Generals from around the galaxy.

Can Ships be Deleted?

Postby TheMightySpin » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:05 am

So I'm just starting off and feeling like I'm getting the hang of the game ( between some minor/expected bugs) but I've got one question that could use a quick answer: Can you currently delete ship designs from the ship designer? If not is it being planned, perhaps? I've got a few designs that could be made to disappear and I would prefer to not have them taking up space in my drop-list for construction. Thanks for the help!
In the beginning, there was chaos, and the chaos was the Infantry, the Queen of Battle. However, the Queen was alone. And fear was with the Infantry, so she cried out unto the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid!"

The Lord said unto them, "I shall send unto you a race of men noble in heart and spirit." And the Lord created the Field Artillery, and named them the King of Battle.

And the Lord gave the King big guns and big bullets. And the Infantry were jealous, for they had none. And the Lord gave the Field Artillery rockets and missiles and nukes. And when the Infantry saw this, they fell to their knees in awesome wonder, saying surely the Lord is on the side of the Field Artillery, the King of Battle

Hail to the King, Baby
TheMightySpin

Re: Can Ships be Deleted?

Postby Sypheria » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:04 am

Right now the only way to remove them is to delete their design file from the user folder where you installed the game.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby ante185 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:59 am

Sypheria wrote:Right now the only way to remove them is to delete their design file from the user folder where you installed the game.

hmm, those files can be externally modified, I just checked, it would have been a rather unnecessary process to make sure that they weren't. That mean someone could make their own "ship editor", i know i'm talking about stuff that's not relevant at this point in time though :lol:
Realised something about myself, caused me a personal crisis and gave me w new hobby. Now I need how to draw fml
ante185

Postby Sypheria » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:28 am

Tampering with the game files like that will actually break the game on you.
If you edit those, you will just make your client think you have something you don't and you'll end up having weird errors since the server knows what you truly have.
You'll mainly experience desynchronizations but you could make the game completely unplayable.
Editing those files won't actually change anything in game and it won't let you create your own designs like that.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby TheMightySpin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:58 am

Thanks a lot, that saves me a whole ton of hassle there.

One last question on the subject: If I were to delete all the files while I still have the ships built, would that cause issues with game play, delete the ships that are built or would they just act normally until destroyed?
In the beginning, there was chaos, and the chaos was the Infantry, the Queen of Battle. However, the Queen was alone. And fear was with the Infantry, so she cried out unto the Lord saying, "Lord, save us for we are afraid!"

The Lord said unto them, "I shall send unto you a race of men noble in heart and spirit." And the Lord created the Field Artillery, and named them the King of Battle.

And the Lord gave the King big guns and big bullets. And the Infantry were jealous, for they had none. And the Lord gave the Field Artillery rockets and missiles and nukes. And when the Infantry saw this, they fell to their knees in awesome wonder, saying surely the Lord is on the side of the Field Artillery, the King of Battle

Hail to the King, Baby
TheMightySpin

Postby Sypheria » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:15 am

The client will download new files for what you have built.
Those designs are just cached data from the server to save you bandwidth.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Return to Gameplay