Controlling Your Fleets

Come talk tactics with Generals from around the galaxy.

Controlling Your Fleets

Postby SpartenBob » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:45 pm

Now, I haven't played all of the strategy games out there but in the ones I have, One of the best features in the game was the ability to have several set fleets. Now, I am not sure if some has already recommended it, it is already in development, or if it's already in the game. I do know I would love to see a way in the game to select a certain group of ships, set them as a fleet with either a name or a number from 1-10, and be able to quickly go in between these fleets so as to move my ships seamlessly in formation around the ever changing battlefield. This would allow for seamless control over many ships to better surround, flank, or run away during the battles. Instead of a mouse box selecting certain ships, maybe getting a ship you didn't want or not getting one you want you would be able to move your fleet in a cohesive manner allowing for much more tactical maneuvers and better more exciting fights.
SpartenBob

Re: Controlling Your Fleets

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:36 am

Due to the limit of CP within a songle ZoC you will want to plit your ships into several fleets, I guess/hope there will be some UI to support you with it.
In the old client you could set groups 2-9 (1 reserved for your capital ship) and I guess it will be done similarly in the new client.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Re: Controlling Your Fleets

Postby Sypheria » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:13 am

You'll can have 10 or more control groups per fleet.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Return to Gameplay