How to play (New Version Demo)

Come talk tactics with Generals from around the galaxy.

Re: New Version Demo

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:28 am

I didn't have many "real" battles yet since it is hard to find an enemy at the times I'm usually online =P
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Re: New Version Demo

Postby HellsingDS » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:09 am

Well I'm usually idle in mumble if you want to practice and get to know the combat a little better, I'm sometimes afk for long periods but if you leave a message I'll respond and log on when I see it ;)

I'm surprised more people don't use the mumble server tbh, its handy for that kind of thing.

HellsingDS

Re: How to play (New Version Demo)

Postby TimeTrooper » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:13 am

Looks really good! Thanks for the info, really helpful. :)
“Sir, we're surrounded!”
“Excellent. We can attack in any direction!”

TimeTrooper

Postby Perkonis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Has anyone by chance made a true tutorial that shows all the features and explains them? Reason being I don't have much experience with these kinds of heavy duty strategy games, and after hoping onto the server today, well, I was more then a little lost. I think I understood the basics, but, that's about it. I managed to build buildings, and launch ships. To what end, I have no idea what happened past that, or what I truly managed to accomplish.

Don't hate the nubcake. <3
-This is the part of the post where I impress you with my wit and finesse, instead, I'm simply displaying my lack of creativity by attempting to seem witty, and in pointing out that very fact, again, trying to appear witty. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Perkonis

Postby firespier » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:36 am

well
1. there is an ingame tutorial which just doesnt work right now cause of UI ( for furthere infos on that go nagg the devs)
2.in answer to your question currently its just bashing heads cause not much else is availible but you could try tot take a bunch a planets, etc
but thats mostly up to you it is sand box which means you play the game as you like
3. if you got questions juist post them on the forums or come into steam chat mostly there will be people there to chat and ask sometimes even a dev ^^
firespier

Postby Sypheria » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:22 am

The in-game tutorial does work now I am told.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby firespier » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 am

oh thats good to know
firespier

Postby Perkonis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:28 pm

I'll see if I can get that to work then. The most intensive RTS I've ever played is Command and Conquer, and that game is both easy, and it holds your hand until you're sick at how much help you're getting. So, yeah. I'm dumb. I'll struggle my way through and make a fool of myself. :P

Thanks!
-This is the part of the post where I impress you with my wit and finesse, instead, I'm simply displaying my lack of creativity by attempting to seem witty, and in pointing out that very fact, again, trying to appear witty. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Perkonis

Postby Sypheria » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:19 pm

You should try Hearts of Iron 3.

Hue hue hue
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby BattleWolf » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Question, when I saw your videos I wanted to ask if there was anyway to make it easier to back the ships. For example like drawing a bow string, Your enemy ships start to follow and as they attack and make you retreat while your own ships attack use the "corvettes" as you call them to use cruising speed to pass them close by and attach a type of device like a mine or bomb or interference while they get hit by your retreating ships causing the shields to for a few milliseconds to become unstable. Then once your "corvettes" pass by they activate with whatever effects they have as you then flank the enemy. Though I also understand the devices would be otherwise useless if their ships shields are stable.
BattleWolf

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay