Update Timeframe

Novus Aeterno can be a hostile universe. Let us know who you are before our targeting systems destroy you.

Re: Update Timeframe

Postby Lotsalegos98 » Wed May 04, 2016 9:26 am

Good to hear. It a a bed setback when you loose the engine you work with. But it is an even greater accomplishment to work on one that has a broader reach and for them to actually come back and not quit. This aint over till the fat lady sings and the NA coders just stuffed a gag in her mouth. Keep going guys, yall are doing great and we can wait to see what yall do!
Lotsalegos98

Postby Sypheria » Wed May 04, 2016 9:40 am

We'll we didn't lose the engine, but after Havok bought it out, they tried to market it for mobile devices.
That venture failed and then they just axed the engine, so it hasn't had support since 2013.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Shadows » Wed May 04, 2016 9:57 am

Sypheria wrote:We'll we didn't lose the engine, but after Havok bought it out, they tried to market it for mobile devices.
That venture failed and then they just axed the engine, so it hasn't had support since 2013.

Crumby circumstances indeed, I never truly understood the reason behind the engine switch.
On the bright side, I imagine you guys will receive continual support from Unity for years to come.
Shadows

Postby Sypheria » Wed May 04, 2016 10:05 am

When Tom and I took over the client, the code base was a disaster.
We figured we could just recode it all in Unity faster than we could refactor it in the Vision engine.
The best parts was the ability to use prebuilt assets from the Unity store and that Unity is still supported.
Vision wasn't really a "modern" engine and it's difficult to work in if you are not a programmer.
Even programmers don't have the greatest time in it.

Dan has been a massive help with the new client and he's only now learning how to program; almost anything visual you see is his doing whereas I deal with systems under the hood.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Shiffa » Wed May 04, 2016 12:03 pm

Any chance of a live stream or youtube update?
Shiffa

Postby Sypheria » Wed May 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Shiffa » Thu May 05, 2016 8:15 am

Sypheria,

Will the stream be saved/archived?

Also, just had a thought and gonna keep it constructive.

While I appreciate the work you are doing with in station and character avatar... I think the community is more interested in the persistent universe colonization/fleet combat aspect. So is it rly beneficial to stray into the micro management side of mmo before the game is playable to its primary interest?

I'd rather play it and then pay for DLC enhancements than hold my breath while you work on secondary / cosmetic aspects. Just being honest.

I would love to see this game open as a buggy pain in the ass that I can help perfect than sit on the sidelines.

Anyway, love the concept and looking forward to more updates/community involvement.

Also,

Do you have anyone dedicated to liaison between the development team and the community? Someone focused on pushing out updates, engaging the community, other than yourself of course... Cuz the devs need to be focused on deving.

Cheers and good day
Shiffa

Postby Sypheria » Thu May 05, 2016 9:48 am

Development streams are never saved incase I show something I shouldn't.

We have multiple team members; the person working on the bridge cannot program, so he can't contribute in a way which would speed up that other stuff.
Just because one aspect is being worked on doesn't mean that's the only thing being worked on.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Sypheria » Mon May 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby TripleSteel » Tue May 10, 2016 1:07 pm

It's probably not safe to be that close to a star
TripleSteel