The Galaxy

Novus Aeterno can be a hostile universe. Let us know who you are before our targeting systems destroy you.

Re: The Galaxy

Postby Quintus Arius » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi. I joined this game over 4 years ago. Now I am unable to access anything to do with the game except my Infiltrator page. I deleted everything including the game and the patcher and reloaded both but there was nothing but an error message. I want to know more about what happened and I do still get occasional emails about a major change but cannot find out more as yet. I do not use things like Facebook or Twitter or Discord etc...but would like to know anything that includes me from my original investment. Please help. Thank you.
Quintus Arius

Postby Quintus Arius » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Correct me if I am wrong but is this new direction a format somewhat like Battlestar Galactica? Now I really enjoyed the TV show and its characters along with the limited space combat scenes altho they were primarily fighter combat and a little repetitive. While I am not a great proponent of PVP I was happy to see you have included PVE interactions because the PVE audience is much larger than PVP. How do I know this? Check out the player base in Star Citizen of over a million backers for a game still under developement. When they ran a poll of players about PVP and PVE they were shocked to find 80% wanted a stronger PVE component in a game advertised as a PVP space combat game.

In any case, my greatest concern is that I have no direct contact with the game. My access (Infiltrator) was limited to my account page where I deleted all material and reloaded the game and patcher but to no avail. I am getting the update emails and have hope I will not be lost in the shuffle. I am not wanting a rebate, just some sort of assurance that when clicking on an access icon I will get more than an error message. Anyway I am hoping for the best. I am a former game designer for TSR and Pacesetter Games and now simply a retired Navy disabled vet who loves gaming as a retirement hobby. I wish I could help but all I would have to offer would be a strong imagination and familiarity with tabletop design. Best of luck and hope for the future of your new game. I am sticking with you.
Quintus Arius

Postby Shadows » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Hades will probably be largely PvP out of the gate. As PvE content really does take a large amount of finesse and resources to do correctly. Furthermore, a lot of people (myself included) like a mix of PvE and PvP... so it will come, I just imagine they will be knocking down combat first and foremost. Love the fear of taking out a “boss” and there’s a possibility of another player sneaking in.

If they can make the combat great, then they can start phasing it out. If the combat is fun and enjoyable, and there is some type of progression... people will enjoy it. Then they can add meaningful PvE. The last thing any of us wants is some NPCs thrown in lackluster.
Shadows

Postby Nick » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:59 pm

Quintus Arius wrote:I am getting the update emails and have hope I will not be lost in the shuffle.

Do not worry the old novus client and patcher do not function and that is intended, you will get a new client and patching within 2 months when we have the first pre-alpha build ready for the infiltrators.

We are reworking the account systems and everything getting already this will be done by the end of the month we hope. but do not worry we are being very careful to make sure no one falls through the cracks :)

Also yes we are going for a more BSG format however not in relation to the space battles themselves, but more on how you interact with crew and commanders, and the overarching narrative. but the gameplay itself will be more of fleet bast combat with much more than just fighter missions.

You are correct re PvE, this new direction will support a much more rich PvE environment then Novus aeterno ever could have. However this content will come in later in development, probably in Q4 of this year, the feature addition order will be:
match based RTS
Open world
PvE
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Previous

Return to Introductions