Verunas pasta isn't what you think it is

Novus Aeterno can be a hostile universe. Let us know who you are before our targeting systems destroy you.

Verunas pasta isn't what you think it is

Postby Pastamancer » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:59 pm

(Spoiler alert:
It's people.

Hello all. My name is Tristan, and I have been playing RTS games since the tender age of four. I cut my teeth on Pharaoh, AOE 2, Stronghold, Majesty, and many more. Despite that, I'm still not very good at them :roll:. Lately, however, aside from the occasional Civ game, I've been drifting away from strategy games. They've just felt lacking - what I really want (and, I'm guessing, what all of us want) is a true universe sandbox. I want to be able to manage everything from the actions of a single character all the way up to a galactic empire. Failing that, I'd settle for a galactic empire simulator with real-time combat, which is STILL very difficult to find. The best options at the moment seemed to be EVE Online (AKA second job simulator 2014) and Planetary Annihilation, which, while seeming very polished, also looks teaspoon-shallow. I thought my search was destined to last forever, until I found NA on Kickstarter. Let me visualize my response for you;

Picture my wallet. Picture the money flying out of it. Picture the little leather tears it cries, leaking out of the card slots and making tiny pattering sounds as they hit the ground. Picture a convoluted metaphor. Picture a bowl of handmade linguine, topped with shredded parmesan, irish butter, black pepper, and sea salt. Now eat that picture. Congratulations, you have achieved enlightenment.

Looking forward to the game, at any rate. I'm off to make some pasta.
"Cool, concise quote that neatly encapsulates my personality and preferences" - Sig

Re: Verunas pasta isn't what you think it is

Postby firespier » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:10 pm

that somehow reminds me how i felt when i discovered this game (except the ceruna pasta :lol: )
and welcome here and looking forward to see you in the game
1. Everything which can go wrong will go wrong
2.Never underestimate human stupidness

Postby itsc0nn0r » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:46 pm

Welcome!! and i would like some pasta please :)
~Don't take me for Granted,for if you do i will be your worst Nightmare.

Postby UpstartMonkey » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:15 pm

Lol love the intro post! By the way I totally agree witb you abouy EVE, way too much work for not enough of a payout. Hope to see you in game!
ImageCome join us on the Official Zeon Imperium forums!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum --- If you want Peace, Prepare for War

Return to Introductions