An introduction to end all introductions...

Novus Aeterno can be a hostile universe. Let us know who you are before our targeting systems destroy you.

An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby blackether » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:39 pm

Alas, it won't be. But I bet I got you to click. Consider this fair warning in our dealings...

One of the many laboring kickstarter backers that ponied up for some alpha action. I've played in many a beta, and in many a game. This one could be my new favorite, until the local supplies run out in my command bridge and I have to forage for supplies and coffee. Coffee is more important than supplies. I'd hock my Kraken for the stuff serenaded by the joyful tears of angels. I don't believe in astrology except for navigational charts. I don't care if you're a Scorpio, that's not even in my galaxy.

So, for real: I do IT/Dev by day :geek:, and occasionally they let me work from home to test alpha games (whether they know it or not) and hail from the USA in California. If you're rockin the west coast time zone and looking for fellow players, hit me up. I have occasionally funny things to say, and once I navigated a Kraken into a near by sun to test my shields. They worked, it's cool.

- blackether
blackether
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 am

XD Welcome to the forums ;)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius
User avatar
 
Posts: 2211
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 am
Location: Forums Ancient & Developer Meat Shield

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby ante185 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 am

okay I admit you got me!
Realised something about myself, caused me a personal crisis and gave me w new hobby. Now I need how to draw fml
ante185
User avatar
 
Posts: 187
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: Tukholma, Ruotsi

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby UpstartMonkey » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:22 pm

Nice intro, if you're looking for a group I suggest checking us out. Majority of our members are in North America. Im personally on the west coast but majority are east coasters.
Hope to see you in game!
ImageCome join us on the Official Zeon Imperium forums!
http://zeonimperium.enjin.com/

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum --- If you want Peace, Prepare for War
UpstartMonkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 pm
Location: Great White North .... (Canada)

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby blackether » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:16 am

Yes, please don't post anymore on the forums under introduction. The fact you denied a very detailed and well written application to your guild in ALPHA, you couldn't even bring it upon yourself to discuss entry at an ALPHA stage. You've ruined it for someone who gave a great deal of money to a game with such great promise - but your social skills during alpha have created already an environment where no one can forage for themselves and have a great experience. The fact you said the guild is already full means you're trying to create an EVE guild off the bat to have an experience no one wants. I am truly saddened that this game has allowed this behavior to start before the game could organically create great clans and guilds. I wish I never spent money on this game with the attitude of it's current players. What a utter disappointment.

-blackether
blackether
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby UpstartMonkey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:17 am

Okay so let's get things clear here for anyone reading this.

I did not decline your application, it is still sitting there on our website. It was very detailed true and we would have loved to have someone like that in the Imperium but your inability to think rationally or logically have made me believe otherwise. I say that because if you had read about our group more carefully you would have realized that we have one core alliance with the leadership in. For every other aspect of the game we have sub-factions, or sub-alliances that work directly under the main leadership alliance. You can NOT apply for the Zeon Imperium main alliance. We have multiple sub-factions that are currently being filled up and where we are accepting applications for, if you had read more carefully through our alliance page or just what I said on your application you would have realized that, but instead you decided to act without thinking and post this comment.

I do not really understand your point about you being sad about how the alliance systems have developed. What is more organic than random people meeting on the forums before the game is released and forming an alliance that grows in size with other random players? Also, if you are regretting spending money on this game because you failed to recognize something on our website, I think you should maybe spend your money more carefully. In regards to "the attitude of current players" I have no idea what you're taking about and if I am the only one you have "talked" to, you need to seriously get off your high horse and learn how to converse with people.

-UpstartMonkey :wink:
Last edited by UpstartMonkey on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageCome join us on the Official Zeon Imperium forums!
http://zeonimperium.enjin.com/

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum --- If you want Peace, Prepare for War
UpstartMonkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 pm
Location: Great White North .... (Canada)

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby Kowalsky » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:08 am

First of all, let me clarify that I have NO DIRECT RELATION to Zeon Empire or his sub-factions, but as an Alpha tester, NAE player, Forum dweller, and as a "human" (feel more like a Veru'nas, but nvm that), I feel compelled to shred your argument to pieces and answer them bit by bit to clarify it AS ROUGHLY as I can, while being as POLITE as my diplomacy skills allow me.


blackether wrote:Yes, please don't post anymore on the forums under introduction.


Sorry to break it down to you, but everyone can post wherever they want UNLESS stated otherwise by the forum moderation.

blackether wrote: The fact you denied a very detailed and well written application to your guild in ALPHA, you couldn't even bring it upon yourself to discuss entry at an ALPHA stage.


It's a "guild" (we need to come to a better name for that, we are not fighting dragons) in ALPHA, but it's a "guild" nonetheless, It means it involves a lot of people and they can decide WHO they recruit. Your statement of "denying a very detailed" and "well written" application makes as much sense (starting to feel like "doge" here) as handling a CV to a corporation and expecting them to hire you just because it was grammatically correct. Sorry but that's not how it works. The Human Resources department usually goes though ALL the applications, consider them and then call the most "valuable assets". If they denied you, EVEN AT A GAME IN ALPHA STAGE, simply means they had no job for you. The state of a game doesn't affect the determination of a "guild". They don't have to "allow everyone in" just because "the game isn't finished.

blackether wrote: You've ruined it for someone who gave a great deal of money to a game with such great promise


They've ruined what? Your gaming experience? your "Zeon Imperial dreams"? Did you stay awake for weeks until you were able to post in the recruitment because you've always wanted to be a "Zeonian"? As much as this would flatter them, I'm sure it's not the case. You've been rejected ONCE!! deal with it! it happens! no need to have a tantrum here. there are plenty of "guilds" that may (or may not) accept you.

As for "who gave a great deal of money"... is it more than 100$? 200$? 1000$? 10.000$? do you mean "a lot for me" or "a lot for a game"? Paying for a game (or supporting the development) won't buy you a place in the community, don't know if that's how you deal with relations in real life (if so, I understand why you were so surprised to be rejected for the first time), but here in this forums everyone is treated equally (well, someone better than the others, but it's not a money issue).

Most of us paid over 200$. Does it make you better or worse than us? everyone gave what he could afford, and what you think it's a lot of money, for someone else might be as much as a couple of pennies.

Less drama and more maturity please.


blackether wrote:- but your social skills during alpha have created already an environment where no one can forage for themselves and have a great experience.


You are saying you had a bad "environment" experience based purely on A SINGLE GUY's opinion? Are you aware that the person you spoke to doesn't represent anyone except himself and probably the "recruitment crew" of his own alliance? I'd allow you to say (true or not, I don't care) that Zeon Empire are elitists only because they didn't allow you in, but that doesn't make the "Overall experience" bad. You can still have a great experience joining another "guild" (which may, or may not be better).


blackether wrote: The fact you said the guild is already full means you're trying to create an EVE guild off the bat to have an experience no one wants.


I wanted to write a huge "LOLWHAT?" but I'll elaborate it a bit more. If his "alliance" (yeah, "alliance" sounds better than "guild", and IT IS the correct term) is full, it means exactly that. Alliances can only hold 15 members, DEAL WITH IT. I've worked as a Hotel Receptionist, and I'm sorry if that disappoints you, but if I have no free rooms, there is no elitism, money, VIP or shit that will buy you an extra room unless you build it yourself and attach it to my building. If their branch management is full, apply for a lower slot, if not, look for another Alliance. As simple as that.

And EVE has nothing to do with "bad experiences in alliances/corporations". Most of EVE corporations have been running for 10 years. While most of them will receive you with open hands, some of them will have their access restricted because they have been "blown up from the inside" before. The best corpoations in EVE even have "training corporations" so they can pick what will be best for their main corporation.

What did you expect? apply for a "manager" position without any experience and get the job the first day? No sir, that's not how it works.


blackether wrote: I am truly saddened that this game has allowed this behavior to start before the game could organically create great clans and guilds.


This "game" has some other problems than having to deal with people attitudes. That's why forum moderators exist. BUT then again, you are refering to a game when you should be talking about the alliance that rejected you. Noone insulted you (yet), you weren't threatened (yet), they just rejected you ONLY once (yet). Want to know a secret? In game alliances are not even fully implemented. You are free to create your own alliance and invite whoever you want. YES! the game allows you to do that! this is not a schoolclass. You won't find a teacher telling the Zeon Imperium alliance to "let you play with them so we can all be good friends". This is internet, this is "serious business". Are you going to call a Lawyer when a real life corporation rejects your curriculum? I HIGHLY doubt it.

Be as "truly saddened" as you want, but don't ever get a pet. They tend to die even if you get emotionally attached to them, and you would feel... what would you call that if you already are "truly saddened" by being rejected in a game?


blackether wrote: I wish I never spent money on this game with the attitude of it's current players. What a utter disappointment.


What did you expect? Paying and getting the best user experience ever? that only happens in prostitution. And even those feelings are faked. "Current players" have nothing to do with that, since you only interacted with one, and I didn't see him having any bad reaction. "Utter disappointment"? that's what Zeon Imperium would have felt if they allowed you to join their ranks honestly. Your childish reaction and behaviour don't cope well with your initial statement of being an "IT/Dev", or at least not a very good one, since those people handle sittuations like that as a daily basis, and they don't tend to whine over it everytime. All that charade of "nice funny guy" you had in your original post got dismantled faster than an Ilegal market during a police search.


blackether wrote:-blackether


Kowals
Kowalsky
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby UpstartMonkey » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:43 pm

Well said sir, and to be clear. We are still approving applications but only for our different sub-alliances.
ImageCome join us on the Official Zeon Imperium forums!
http://zeonimperium.enjin.com/

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum --- If you want Peace, Prepare for War
UpstartMonkey
User avatar
 
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:11 pm
Location: Great White North .... (Canada)

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby Huginn » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:25 am

And i dub this manouvre "The Kowalsky Slamdunk".
Huginn
User avatar
 
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:21 am

Re: An introduction to end all introductions...

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:26 pm

Long live California!

You should check out the Alliances section and look up the Consortium ;)

Edit: ....so I can reject you too.. Sorry Zeon, didn't read the whole thread... too much typing *yawn*
Last edited by ConsortiumCzar on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To apply to the Consortium of Planets, inquire via PM
Image
ConsortiumCzar
 
Posts: 476
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:36 am
Location: http://www.twitch.tv/dtebbs87 http://www.consortiumofplanets.net

Next

Return to Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron