Hi

Novus Aeterno can be a hostile universe. Let us know who you are before our targeting systems destroy you.

Re: Hi

Postby seandashit » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:04 am

Well, I'm going to try to change the game to one small guild per-galaxy and little to no allies. So don't mess that up for me :smile:
seandashit

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm

Max alliance size supported by game mechanics will be 15 players, so there's that.. for starters ;)

Of course you can form coalitions among alliances, but they aren't supported by official in-game mechanics, and will have way more security holes as a result..

There's A LOOOOOT to cover :P we ought to have an AE-NA refugee skypechat
To apply to the Consortium of Planets, inquire via PM
ConsortiumCzar

Location: http://www.twitch.tv/dtebbs87 http://www.consortiumofplanets.net

Postby thehare » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:05 pm

PerfectDeath wrote:I don't often check the introduction sections. =P

Well, at least you don't have to worry much about server crashes once we get our saving server working. Then there will be a copy of the server available to load from if the server experiences a crash. Thus if there is a roll back, it would be almost unnoticeable.

Though, being unable to control your fleets yourself while you log back on will mean that players will need to test their fleet's AI tactics to minimize damage.

Sieging and deploying troops on the planet will be pretty time consuming. The way I see it working is players will focus more on engaging the enemy in a battle of attrition while keeping a reserve around to deliver a decisive victory (Dealing many more casualties to your losses) which will give the victorious player a period of time to have freedom to siege a planet or something.

It is something the other player can recover from; however, both sides will want to be conservative about deploying their ships into packed combat zones or else the stacking penalties will grow. (the more ships in a combat zone the more penalties). A desicive battle would then try and bait the enemy into one sided engagements or ambushes. This is how we are mainly tacking the whole, "zerg blob" strategy. We want to encourage players to battle other players outside of planets rather than just prey on offline accounts with blob rushes.

As a friend of Balor's and one of the players looking elsewhere away from AE, I just created this forum account to say it's nice to see a game where the dev seems respectful and genuine! :grin:

Whether we end up playing this game or not I have to say keep this up, as a poisonous dev or admin can totally ruin a game (I've played more than one game where this was the case), even more so than a "bad" player base.

The game sounds like it's going to be great by the way, hope we stick around!

Thehare
thehare

Postby CaptainGars » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:59 pm

ConsortiumCzar wrote:Max alliance size supported by game mechanics will be 15 players, so there's that.. for starters ;)

Of course you can form coalitions among alliances, but they aren't supported by official in-game mechanics, and will have way more security holes as a result..

There's A LOOOOOT to cover :P we ought to have an AE-NA refugee skypechat

I see some obvious ways around that for the not lazy...Of course we all know everyone gets lazy. :)
CaptainGars

Postby TRACEx » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:56 am

BalorX wrote:I love the response and I'll point out that the flamers who joined this forum just because of us, I guess I must be doing something right.

As I said, the older game is objectively broken. Again, we didn't lose, we were cheated by server failure. And that's fine but there's no need to spill your rancor over here. The fact remains that our alliance is undefeated in-game ever since H24 and A10s needed the largest server breakdown and catastrophic failure ever, to eke out a false victory.

I don't expect neutral observers to understand how I mean by Landed fleets Landing etc. Its comprehensible if you really care to examine it. The point is that me, and others, come from a broken game. That's how it broke and many of you can relate to that.

Moving on to the future, our intent isn't to zerg2death. Modern other game zerging is the result of the mechanics. Change the mechanics, change the incentives, change the behavior.

If we end up too large and overpowered then I'd be happy to split the camps. When I say "our alliance" its hardly a homogenous culture. Many factions and tribal leaders, and many of us have been past enemies at one point or another. But that's getting way ahead of ourselves isn't it.

+1 where's the rep button :grin: .... Balor is spot on flamers gonna flame and hide under false names .... fact of the matter is our ships were frozen in "-" landing state , and then over a 30 min period dropped into battle in 2s and 3s taking away our sync needed for victory, leaving defenders with only to pick us off ,, so yea false victory ... my fleet was hit twice for awful ratios i might add both hits were 13 mins apart i was thrown out of server and could get back in for another 10 mins after last hit so what hope had we ! defenders sat there and had a turkey shoot !

Anyway enough about AE really intrigued and looking forward to this game

T¦R¦A¦C¦E
TRACEx

Previous

Return to Introductions