Hi

Novus Aeterno can be a hostile universe. Let us know who you are before our targeting systems destroy you.

Hi

Postby BalorX » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:35 am

Hi all, I'm Balor.

Minimum forum username called for 6 characters, so BalorX was the best I could do and feel satisfied with.

I am a GM from another game. My goal here is scouting and research. It is my goal to ragequit the other game and to recruit as many people as I can for NA. Based on the size of our social media community from many servers and guilds, I can reach hundreds of players just within my own alliance.

We had a single battle today, the climax of 3 months grinding, and lost it all. This was not a miscalc or failure on our leaders or players; the server was massively gridlocked for 20-30 minutes during the battle.

We attacked (Landing fleets) and they defended (Landed fleets). Players who landed online were locked out of their accounts. Some managed to log back in but their fleets were in limbo. Landed fleets are in a state where they can shoot other fleets, landing fleets are in a state that is stuck not being able to change to landed state therefore they cant do anything. In other words, the defender won because a server crash overwhelmingly favored them. There is also some talk that the server crash was possibly the result of a DDoS organized by defender leaders.

Regardless of why or how the server crashed, it shouldn't have happened and the ethical thing to do is rollback. I say it’s wrong to let a result like that stand. Whether they rollback or not, the game sucks. We all wanted this battle and we grinded and queued for 85 days to get that far. I have no interest in rebuilding or playing that crap if management will do nothing about that kind of server failure (at best) or criminal abuse (at worst), rewarding the fluke victors with a state of essentially permanent server victory.

Anyway that’s some of my background. My vision and goals are optimistic. I'm not interested in fixating on how much and why that other game sucks. I only want to play a game that doesn't suck with my Skype friends, and new friends.

I believe that NA is the future and it looks really great. I'm very interested in joining, contributing to and growing this community.

Thanks and see you around.
BalorX

Re: Hi

Postby AeonH4x » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:50 am

Darude - Sandstorm.

I understood very little of what you are talking about but, Welcome to our small community :)

glad to have you on board!
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. - Bertrand Russel
No Regrets Only Glory
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.

AeonH4x

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:07 am

Welcome to NA, Balor. :-)

I imagine there will be a horde of AE players showing up here before long. I know a few of us are already here.
To apply to the Consortium of Planets, inquire via PM
ConsortiumCzar

Location: http://www.twitch.tv/dtebbs87 http://www.consortiumofplanets.net

Postby Crusader » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:17 am

Hi, I registered an account but how do you play ? Seems to go nowhere ? :shock:
Crusader

Postby chrisico » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:08 am

Haha your so sore over losing to us that you come to complain on a 2nd forum one's not enough, oh boy brilliant, this game looks a million times better than AE when it does come out. However i sincerely hope that they build in things to prevent these super zerg guilds that your group have forced to become the staple diet of AE! But thanks for making my day again by introducing yourself to the new game as losers in another ;) I ask you kindly please try not to find ways to abuse this game like you did the one before it, i know you guys were happy to splash out on multiple accounts there but lets make this game last even if we find some way to exploit this, lets elect not to use it and play the game in a way that's fun not in a way that's purely designed to prevent anyone new ever joining! I still find it funny that you accuse our side of doing the ddos when you know full well that it was due to a game not meant to handle near 1000 players participating in a single event corresponding with the AI spawn and a server tick, it was your poor planning in this occasion that finally brought your crew to a halt.
chrisico

Postby Huginn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:55 am

chrisico wrote:Haha your so sore over losing to us that you come to complain on a 2nd forum one's not enough, oh boy brilliant, this game looks a million times better than AE when it does come out. However i sincerely hope that they build in things to prevent these super zerg guilds that your group have forced to become the staple diet of AE! But thanks for making my day again by introducing yourself to the new game as losers in another ;) I ask you kindly please try not to find ways to abuse this game like you did the one before it, i know you guys were happy to splash out on multiple accounts there but lets make this game last even if we find some way to exploit this, lets elect not to use it and play the game in a way that's fun not in a way that's purely designed to prevent anyone new ever joining! I still find it funny that you accuse our side of doing the ddos when you know full well that it was due to a game not meant to handle near 1000 players participating in a single event corresponding with the AI spawn and a server tick, it was your poor planning in this occasion that finally brought your crew to a halt.

Aint happening in this game. Numbers dont mean shit when going to win or not. Individual skill is what matters in this game. I was going to comment on him trying to get hundreds of players over here to do something with the fact that its just means that their ships will get debuffed to hell and beyond. Even using multiple accounts wont change anything here. Also servers are crazy strong here so i dont think u will be able to crash it unless u do something really special. This game isnt going to be your zerging crap to say the least. Start a new frame of thought.
Huginn

Postby Huginn » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:56 am

Crusader wrote:Hi, I registered an account but how do you play ? Seems to go nowhere ? :shock:

Still closed alpha. Only kickstarter backers and earlier ppl can play the game as of now. Steam early access will open later this year hopefully.
Huginn

Postby seandashit » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:50 pm

Don't worry guys. Just beat him and he'll leave with a trail of tears and DDOS accusations and move to the next game.
seandashit

Postby BalolANDtearZ » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:55 pm

BalorX wrote:Hi all, I'm Balor.

Minimum forum username called for 6 characters, so BalorX was the best I could do and feel satisfied with.

I am a GM from another game. My goal here is scouting and research. It is my goal to ragequit the other game and to recruit as many people as I can for NA. Based on the size of our social media community from many servers and guilds, I can reach hundreds of players just within my own alliance.

We had a single battle today, the climax of 3 months grinding, and lost it all. This was not a miscalc or failure on our leaders or players; the server was massively gridlocked for 20-30 minutes during the battle.

We attacked (Landing fleets) and they defended (Landed fleets). Players who landed online were locked out of their accounts. Some managed to log back in but their fleets were in limbo. Landed fleets are in a state where they can shoot other fleets, landing fleets are in a state that is stuck not being able to change to landed state therefore they cant do anything. In other words, the defender won because a server crash overwhelmingly favored them. There is also some talk that the server crash was possibly the result of a DDoS organized by defender leaders.

Regardless of why or how the server crashed, it shouldn't have happened and the ethical thing to do is rollback. I say it’s wrong to let a result like that stand. Whether they rollback or not, the game sucks. We all wanted this battle and we grinded and queued for 85 days to get that far. I have no interest in rebuilding or playing that crap if management will do nothing about that kind of server failure (at best) or criminal abuse (at worst), rewarding the fluke victors with a state of essentially permanent server victory.

Anyway that’s some of my background. My vision and goals are optimistic. I'm not interested in fixating on how much and why that other game sucks. I only want to play a game that doesn't suck with my Skype friends, and new friends.

I believe that NA is the future and it looks really great. I'm very interested in joining, contributing to and growing this community.

Thanks and see you around.

Hahahahaha omg dood you crying over here too??? It's funny how you talked so much crap on our forum pre-crash and you lost. After you had people suicide into some of our fleets. Had imposters of our leadership message our guys to move off LZ and y'all changed y'all's tag to R4WR to add confusion. You said y'all would win for sure but yet you had to pull that crap. Both sides got locked out of attack option. I couldn't attack for 20 mins later. Yet I still made hits and got hit by one of ur guys. I just think ur fgt group raged hard and half went inactive on server crash. We wanted it more so stayed on and made our hits. You landed a hr late past your own guys too. We enjoyed your tearz tho, so delicious and yummy. I hope ur crew does leave. About time we de-fgt the servers. Feel bad for these guys as your crew will probably ruin this game by cheating. They already think ur 12 probz from u crying about losing on A2. Rage quit like a little sissy girl. Stick to what ur good at bro, finger painting rainbows and sunshine.
BalolANDtearZ

Postby CaptainGars » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:51 am

If one is judged by one's enemies then our stock is sky high. ;)

Nobody here cares about AE, beyond what we can bring as a group to a new game...Or those others who've already moved on and are lurking here.

We've been watching this game since the kick starter. Basically an established core group that's played with each other for over four years and won every server we've played since then, five I think...nobody plays all the starts. We've pwned the crap out of our old game for years and been looking on and off for a reasonable home for 2-3 years as the quality of the old game has deteriorated, both the game itself and the opposition. There is no development there, and weak servers with longstanding problems. This has significant similiarities that might make it interesting to a number of our bored and done with the old crowd.

We WILL likely stress the edges of the game, if we migrate, and we WILL help the devs make it better. We've tried many times over the years on the old one with it falling on deaf ears. This seems like a wildly better developement response.
CaptainGars

Next

Return to Introductions