Hi

Novus Aeterno can be a hostile universe. Let us know who you are before our targeting systems destroy you.

Re: Hi

Postby seandashit » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:45 am

Well, we are glad that you are leaving AE. You ruined our game with your zerging and we plan on making it a fun game without people like you guys cheating. This game does look very good though, ngl. Will probably play this and AE.
seandashit

Postby Huginn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 am

CaptainGars wrote:If one is judged by one's enemies then our stock is sky high. ;)

Nobody here cares about AE, beyond what we can bring as a group to a new game...Or those others who've already moved on and are lurking here.

We've been watching this game since the kick starter. Basically an established core group that's played with each other for over four years and won every server we've played since then, five I think...nobody plays all the starts. We've pwned the crap out of our old game for years and been looking on and off for a reasonable home for 2-3 years as the quality of the old game has deteriorated, both the game itself and the opposition. There is no development there, and weak servers with longstanding problems. This has significant similiarities that might make it interesting to a number of our bored and done with the old crowd.

We WILL likely stress the edges of the game, if we migrate, and we WILL help the devs make it better. We've tried many times over the years on the old one with it falling on deaf ears. This seems like a wildly better developement response.

Good. The more people the merrier.
Huginn

Postby Huginn » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:37 am

seandashit wrote:Well, we are glad that you are leaving AE. You ruined our game with your zerging and we plan on making it a fun game without people like you guys cheating. This game does look very good though, ngl. Will probably play this and AE.

whether or not u play other games, whether u fail or succeed, i hope we all can keep it civilized and not flame eachother on the forums. It is nice that all of you are interested in Novus, but keep the arguing and such on a private level. If you have questions about Novus i'll be happy to oblige and answer them. :ugeek:
Huginn

Postby Crusader » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:36 pm

Recruiting ?
Crusader

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:26 pm

Give it a rest guys, we keep this forum respectable unlike some other video game forums. Can a mod clean this up, plz?
To apply to the Consortium of Planets, inquire via PM
ConsortiumCzar

Location: http://www.twitch.tv/dtebbs87 http://www.consortiumofplanets.net

Postby PerfectDeath » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:47 pm

I don't often check the introduction sections. =P

Well, at least you don't have to worry much about server crashes once we get our saving server working. Then there will be a copy of the server available to load from if the server experiences a crash. Thus if there is a roll back, it would be almost unnoticeable.

Though, being unable to control your fleets yourself while you log back on will mean that players will need to test their fleet's AI tactics to minimize damage.

Sieging and deploying troops on the planet will be pretty time consuming. The way I see it working is players will focus more on engaging the enemy in a battle of attrition while keeping a reserve around to deliver a decisive victory (Dealing many more casualties to your losses) which will give the victorious player a period of time to have freedom to siege a planet or something.

It is something the other player can recover from; however, both sides will want to be conservative about deploying their ships into packed combat zones or else the stacking penalties will grow. (the more ships in a combat zone the more penalties). A desicive battle would then try and bait the enemy into one sided engagements or ambushes. This is how we are mainly tacking the whole, "zerg blob" strategy. We want to encourage players to battle other players outside of planets rather than just prey on offline accounts with blob rushes.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby BalorX » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:36 pm

I love the response and I'll point out that the flamers who joined this forum just because of us, I guess I must be doing something right.

As I said, the older game is objectively broken. Again, we didn't lose, we were cheated by server failure. And that's fine but there's no need to spill your rancor over here. The fact remains that our alliance is undefeated in-game ever since H24 and A10s needed the largest server breakdown and catastrophic failure ever, to eke out a false victory.

I don't expect neutral observers to understand how I mean by Landed fleets Landing etc. Its comprehensible if you really care to examine it. The point is that me, and others, come from a broken game. That's how it broke and many of you can relate to that.

Moving on to the future, our intent isn't to zerg2death. Modern other game zerging is the result of the mechanics. Change the mechanics, change the incentives, change the behavior.

If we end up too large and overpowered then I'd be happy to split the camps. When I say "our alliance" its hardly a homogenous culture. Many factions and tribal leaders, and many of us have been past enemies at one point or another. But that's getting way ahead of ourselves isn't it.
BalorX

Postby seandashit » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:33 pm

Okay, I'll stop the flaming. I can't wait 'till this game is released. Seems like AE but without all the cons of AE such as taking 2 months to build a decent fleet and people who join a month later don't have a chance to be a competitor. Seems like the developers knows what they're doing. I look forward to playing with you all. And thanks for showing me this game Balor. :)
seandashit

Postby BalorX » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 pm

I also feel compelled to add that from our perspective, we always get zerged first. We counter-zerg through diplo. We've tried 20 man guilds and those have been zerged and backstabbed, forced to become larger or die. Despite this, the two largest alliances are essentially equal in total size (fleet count, econ, player count, production capacity). So it's what you do with it that should matter.

Nobody is quitting elsewhere, although I'd be fine with its many others who don't want to. I guess the plan is that we'll sim defense and simply deny victory to others, knowing that no other combination of clusters is both strong enough and insane enough to throw their blob at us given what we've all just learned about the server's failure to do what its supposed to do. That takes anywhere from 0 to 1 minutes a day to maintain so meanwhile I'll be playing an actual combat game that doesn't suck.
BalorX

Postby CaptainGars » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 am

That is definitely part of the point. A lot of us have been killing time on other past times waiting for a better game. Dex playing LoU and Dark Souls, I've been fiddling with Warlight and working too much...Thinking about the newest Stardock Single Player game.

I very much liked PerfectDeaths explanation. I want to see the details, but it very much sounds like a solid mix of Tactical and Strat in the play set. Time consuming means whomever has the better plan wins IMHO something many of our players are very good at and what they look for.

----------
Modern other game zerging is the result of the mechanics. Change the mechanics, change the incentives, change the behavior.

The above is REALLY worth repeating. All good players will seek to min/max a game. If that means the most efficient thing to do is to literally kill every player around you, they'll do it. Sooner or later. It's fun to do it. Trust me. It's why people play a single player after it's won to kill that last enemy unit. It's even more powerful against a human player. Game mechanics have to make it rewarding to attack others without making it rewarding to essentially execute other players. You need to be able to win, without needing to destroy someone completely for the min/max effect. A very hard thing to achieve.

----------
@ Balor L was only a 12 man guild, they beat the first 150 player zerg that came after them, and didn't reach out until the next, even bigger zerg came after them.
CaptainGars

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions