Frag Out! [Ship Explosions]

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Re: Frag Out! [Ship Explosions]

Postby Aetherblade » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:59 pm

Though ramming is still in its early concept, right now the plan is that friendly ships can clip with each other if nessecary, but not with enemy ships. This means that if you ram an enemy, the ships that might be flung away by a explosion, wouldn't ram other ships in your formation. Though they might blow up because of the damage received by the initial explosion.

Large ships ramming small ships and just busting them away is not something we have decided upon yet I think. Though it sounds reasonable, so I think that will happen.

*disclaimer* xD = Not sure what will actually happen on ramming yet, so don't take this for granted.
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby AzureSkye » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Ohhhh godddddd the words you are putting down sound like poetry, vivid images of a flanking destroyer ramming through fields of small fighters flooding the rear of my eyes.
AzureSkye

Postby BattleWolf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:10 pm

I have a question for you what about cutting of life support for the enemy ships then taking them over.

Member of Jester

The neat thing is not that I play tricks for you, it's that you play tricks for me.
BattleWolf

Postby AzureSkye » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:22 pm

Hmm. That might be interesting. Are you talking an FTL style slow asphyxiation, or an immediate debuff whereupon a ship basically becomes non-functioning? Recall one of the stated conditions:

Sypheria wrote:The fourth condition is a electrical failure. During this time nothing can be used, including utilities and shields. Some utilities may be capable of clearing status effects from themselves or allies, but not in this state.

The Asphyxiation could be worked into this, or become a more severe condition reminiscent of it. I don't think the second option I stated is viable, that would essentially destroy a ship with one shot.
AzureSkye

Postby BattleWolf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:15 am

yes in a way, you see the fact remains that many of the species need to breath and that many if not said otherwise require oxygen and so depending on the situation the damage that causes ruptures in the hull cracks in the glass internal fires life support malfunction and using energy weapons to while causing damage heat up the ship cause people to either panic or become nervous or excited you know etc.

They will consume their oxygen and fill it up with carbon dioxide the lack of oxygen will cause stroke

cardiac arrest,

temporary memory loss

reduced ability to move your body

difficulty paying attention

difficulty making sound decisions

death

and a loss of consciousness

if there's others feel free to say but otherwise this is one of the big things that can be widely used against the enemies or against your self.

So with this you can take the ship for yourself like that without too much hassle

sorry for the mess of wording and mistakes im in a hurry

Member of Jester

The neat thing is not that I play tricks for you, it's that you play tricks for me.
BattleWolf

Postby AzureSkye » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:37 am

But see, "without much hassle" generally means too easy. I feel that being able to take out fleets with some well placed hits defeats strategy.
AzureSkye

Postby BattleWolf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:58 am

lol this is why people develop their life support early on but those that don't will pay the consequences this is why people pay close attention to the small stuff

Member of Jester

BattleWolf

Postby Sypheria » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:02 am

Certain races are immune to lack of oxygen others will require backup life support bays or utilities while the engineers close gaps in the hull and wield shut rooms. Wreckage boarding crews also need special life support equipment since most hulls will be damaged by this point.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby aspiredlna » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:03 am

asphyxiation would add some more strategy to a game. Say you were to target a enemy's life support and damage it, the enemy would need to repair the system so you cold work in a mechanic that makes it so that fire rate drops while repairs are happening or that the ship moves much more slowly.

In this way you could target key systems in order to help you out maneuver your enemy or gain some other tactical advantage over them.
aspiredlna

Postby AzureSkye » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:41 am

That's exactly what I was thinking, Maybe engineers from the shields would have to temporarily move to fixing the life support. Man this game is way more in-depth than I've even given it credit for.

I was just opposed to a sudden "All your crew are being dead" system.
AzureSkye

PreviousNext

Return to Balancing