Frag Out! [Ship Explosions]

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Re: Frag Out! [Ship Explosions]

Postby aspiredlna » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:10 pm

An insta-kill system would take away from the tactical portion of the game but something like a temporary de-buff to things like
shields, turn speed, max speed or other ship systems would let players take on the larger ships from a more strategic standpoint where they could damage a system then proceed to move into a position of more tactical advantage while the larger ship is repairing.
aspiredlna

Postby BattleWolf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:19 pm

Yes in all but it seems you've misunderstood how such a thing would go for the crew first realistically speaking no it would not be instant kill second the way it would go is also not as threatening as you think the fact remains that the crew would in fact wear their space suits. Second if any of them would be without it you can rest assured they would have a counteroffensive for that situation and no they would not die quickly. Also some of the crew affected by the low oxygen that remains in the ship would suffer symptoms like I mentioned previously.

If you did try to come up with negative effects it would have to be done with consideration as to their situations and not only that the scientists at home would see that as a big threat should quickly come up with counter measures that could save and prevent that situation in future conflicts.

One example would be a special gel that hardens when exposed to oxygen so when there's a breach sensor would quickly spread the gel over the hole as it quickly begins to harden. Well unless the ships hull was made with space inside for the gel so like when surprise attacks take place the gel would be secreted from the walls.

Now if the breach should be to big then emergency counter measures would quickly take place cutting of the area affected by the breach.

There's a lot more that I can say but I wouldn't really know where to start unless you ask me specifically.

Member of Jester

The neat thing is not that I play tricks for you, it's that you play tricks for me.
BattleWolf

Postby Fengyea » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:44 pm

I do also like the, idea of less damage from explosion. I like battles that last longer, but not to long that it becomes a snore fest. That's where armor comes in. We should be able to fit them, to soak of proxy damage. I know yall are working on it. Also I'm am not rushing, but I like the idea. Of different races doing a certain time of splash damage from ships they loose. And with the armor you could fit the resistances needed to soak up the damage. But not be able to tank all explosions and have way to counter things.

-Shaka
"Usuthu!" – to be shouted before every Zulu charge
"A Zulu can run – RUN! – fifty miles…and fight a battle at the end of it."

Zulus - thousands of them

Spear head of zeon
Fengyea

Previous

Return to Balancing