Beam weapons

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Re: Beam weapons

Postby BattleWolf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:13 pm

true

if you think about the shield I believe that when it impacts that the computer program that runs the shield would have sensors to (a) increase power to that area that was hit then (b) would compensate for the loss of power while (c) would then shift control and power letting (a) focus on different areas while (d) would pay attention to (a) (b) (c) to make sure no irregularities happen.

So with his Idea it would attack repeatedly while shifting to other areas thus making (c) work harder and then (d) would step in to help (c) which would after a certain amount of hits cause them to overlap thus causing the system to freeze and even if you had (e) to take care of emergency areas the hits that take their focus then other hits that go to unpredictable areas taking more focus out of the system with more shots then bypassing the shield would give warning to the systems to shift its focus to that area then the systems would overlap and crash.

So you could effectively knock out your enemies shields.

Member of Jester

The neat thing is not that I play tricks for you, it's that you play tricks for me.
BattleWolf

Re: Beam weapons

Postby NovaBlast » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Psychowolf wrote:LMAO rofl. anyway. yeah, a reflective coating or something over the armor that has a chance to reflect the beams.... would be a cool research option..

Yes like a deploy mirror button ....

Thats how lonestar beat dark helmet ... just saying ...:P lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI0i_tL-8aU 4min...
NovaBlast

Previous

Return to Balancing