Beam weapons

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Re: Beam weapons

Postby Kakanakle » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 am

Sypheria wrote:Missiles have massive range, cannot collide with any unit other than what it targets(can't be hull blocked), and are some of the limited amounts of AoE damage; however, their cooldowns are very high and it is very easy to shoot them down causing them to do nothing.

thats enough for me, to fiend a place for them in my arsenal. ty

so i imagine the missiles hit rate is exceptional provided that they don't get shot down and don't run out of "gas" (given that they should have there own guidance and propulsion systems.)?

it would be cool to watch missiles changing coerce to chase down a wiry corvette...
Kakanakle

Location: that small town were they cant spell any thing right, and spell check puts in the wrong words...

Postby Querulous » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:45 am

Make more weapons OP so you can test there forum banning functions !
Querulous

Postby Aetherblade » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:28 am

I could test the forum banning fuction with you, if you are curious Querulous xD?
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby BattleWolf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:57 am

I have an idea michiu kaku sorry professor if I misspelled it, but other wise he said that you can bend reality of time and space when using dark matter when its surrounding the ship since it bends space so to be able to travel faster than the speed of light

with this theory you can per say bend space and reflect it back at your enemy with projectiles maybe but if its big im thinking it would rupture and any explosives would be very bad not only that but theres a chance that the confinement effect would apply thus making the explosion bigger.

P.S.

thinking more into it if your ships big enough may be you can collapse smaller versions to the point that their explosion becomes ineffective

Member of Jester

The neat thing is not that I play tricks for you, it's that you play tricks for me.
BattleWolf

Postby Aetherblade » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:15 pm

Sounds like something for one of the alien races :P
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby BattleWolf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:39 pm

lol you like the idea then >:p

ah I forgot to mention to get that type of effect im guessing you'd have to have the ship in a concave shape or make it all around concave or so to have the effect otherwise it would just be deflected.

Member of Jester

The neat thing is not that I play tricks for you, it's that you play tricks for me.
BattleWolf

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:59 am

For beams I have a suggestion as well. Other than the primary beamweapons that fire huge permanent beams, I'd like the secondary ones to fire short beams short after each other, each hitting the enemy on a bit different place.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby AzureSkye » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:48 am

Do the beans currently have knockback?
Perhaps the beams Tyrius is proposing could be quick firing and only affect Hull Integrity with no other physical affects. That way, there would be a good strategy for exploding ships following the new method outlined in this thread (http://forum.novusaeterno.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1729) without also have the added bonus of slowly making the ship dysfunctional through SI, which could make it overpowered.
AzureSkye

Postby BattleWolf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:33 pm

That wouldn't be bad and the part on the ship where it has a shield if the hit disrupts the shield for a small millisecond and the laser is shooting in a pattern or way that could let some of the hits bypass the shield. You think this could also go with your idea?

Member of Jester

BattleWolf

Postby AzureSkye » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:46 pm

Well I've no idea about the shield system in the game, so I really don't know as it pertains to the balancing.
AzureSkye

PreviousNext

Return to Balancing