Different tech requires different amounts of RARE resources?

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Re: Different tech requires different amounts of RARE resour

Postby AeroWLF » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:23 pm

That might only apply to the verunas as the aceans and will still spew acid and the humans will still explode. All this talk of existing ships have got me wondering what happens when the azendi explode.
There's no point to being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes
AeroWLF

Postby Veqlargh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:32 pm

just figure it should be that a race actually have some distinct feature that makes you want to actually play the race. If the only special thing about a race is the actual ship then whats the point of playing that race? You could play as another race, verunas for example, to get their little AOE special upon ship death and then over time gain access to another races ships and have the best of both worlds?

while there should be some inherent reason for playing with specific ships of your or other races, there should also be some reason your playing the particular race.
Veqlargh

Postby Sypheria » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:11 pm

If you have human, veru'nas and acean units in your fleet you will have penalties and bonuses. If your acean units die, your human and veru'nas units nearby start having their armor corroded. Humans damage nearby humans and aceans . Veru'nas units will give buffs to nearby Veru'nas and heavily damage your human and aceans.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Veqlargh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:25 pm

hopefully by launch i'll have a very clear idea just what each race is capable of. I've gotten the sense that verunas have better all around armour, meaning less effected by being flanked, and arn't effected by nearby ship explosions but they specialize in close range fighting.

the cauldron born are a defensive minded race but that really doesn't give me much to go on. In most games anything that boosts offensive capablities is ALWAYS the way to go because people want things to go boom. So focusing on defense is usually a losing proposition because you tend to get less gains from any defensive type item then you get from an offensive boosting item. Hopefully that will not be the case in NA

I like the idea of having a race that focuses on being able to keep their ships in the fight longer then another race. sure they don't blow stuff up as fast as something with offensive mods, but they can outlast folks and win with attrition.
Veqlargh

Previous

Return to Balancing