Is there realy any incentive to expand in this game?

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Re: Is there realy any incentive to expand in this game?

Postby Sypheria » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:39 am

Again, it takes weeks to do that even with 100 players. So you can't steamroll. There is a limit to how much damage a planet can take at any period; that limit is the same if your being attacked by 1 player or every player in the game simultaneously.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby PerfectDeath » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:32 pm

Think of planetary invasions as a massive occupational endeavour. Your soldiers have to occupy and take entire country sized area. You basically will want to establish a foothold and maintain enough troop reinforcement that you can expand your control. Thus, you can take a break from planet seiging. If your armies cannot stack on the same spot then you will need to wait until you expand out before committing more troops.
So go to bed after dropping them off, let your core worlds generate some more population to draft and deploy, etc.

As for seizing control over the space around the planet, you will want decisive victories were the enemy fleet is devastated while under player control. He will need to recover his losses using up resources, when his buffer stockpile is low he will not be able to produce ships as quick. This gives you more breathing time to refit some ships to transport troops and prevent your enemy from bringing reinforcement troops from his core worlds.

It may be wise to start with a planet's moons to allow you to stockpile troops before committing them to the planet. Moons are smaller and shouldn't take as many soldiers.

Anyway, planet invasion is still under development and much is in concept. So we'll see how it evolves during development.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby UnicomNexus » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:26 am

Hmmn... Very detailed. Well, that sounds really good so I guess I'll try that when I get the game :)
You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win it by making the other die for their country.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to message me. I'll help to the best of my abilities.
~Jaren

Roboris Per Scientia - Strength Through Science

na_sypheria: My body turns calories into code.
UnicomNexus

Postby Huginn » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:44 pm

Will one of the strategy guides or so give help to get a good start in the game maybe? Not just a tutorial? Also, would u recommend starting players to exploit their moons first and get something started before looking to other planets and henceforth from there other star systems?
Huginn

Postby PerfectDeath » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:16 pm

I would, at the very least, put enough onto the moons to prevent someone else from grabbing them. =P
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby UnicomNexus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Moons, then other planets, then the whole solar system :)
You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win it by making the other die for their country.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to message me. I'll help to the best of my abilities.
~Jaren

UnicomNexus

Postby Jonathan » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:37 pm

Till now it sound less rewarding to be a vet player and to expand my empire. Lets say you rework your cp system and just limit the amount of ships i can control per sector. So what ? Where is my advantage to play the game for 2 years and my attacker since 2 months ? Where is the advantage to be the emperor of 100 solar systems and the new guy only has his homeplanet ( im boasting things up a little bit ) OK i guess the advantage is that i can reinforce my fleet 1000 times and he cant, maybe, or with more cp that i can have way stronger units in the system but that would destroy the balance again. Ok lets say i have stronger units but he attacks me with his 4 friends, each one has lets say 2 planets and i have my gigantic empire but no firends : - ( Practically if everyone of em can have the same amount of ships in my system like me so im screwed cause it doesnt matter how powerfull i am they will blast my fleet and my reinforcements away like nothing. Nahh all theory. Future will tell : - )

Cheers
Jonathan

Postby Sypheria » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:43 pm

If your out numbered you will actually have the advantage and they will be under heavy friendly fire. Also you have more tactical options, crafted components and experienced officers.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby UnicomNexus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Can you explain? I don't quite get how you being outnumbered = good?
~Jaren

UnicomNexus

Postby Sypheria » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:46 pm

Like I said, they will be taking heavy friendly fire. Each opponent you have in the area will partly become your ally because of this. They will also have penalized damage, and rate of fire. you will become much tankier and have increased damage and rate of fire.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

PreviousNext

Return to Balancing