When talking about giving buffs to the underdog

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

When talking about giving buffs to the underdog

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:05 pm

I am looking for more information on how the buffing system will work and if joining up in groups to fight other players with be useless.
If its already posted please just refer me there if not please read on. Thank you.

If myself and 4 buddies decided that we wanted to expand and attack someone in a certain area and they were alone (not saying i would im just wondering), would he get such a massive buff that he could kill all of our fleets?

If 5 people arrive with 10 ships each and fight a 1 player who has the same 10 ships will he get the buffs to kill us all? that would seem unfair if his 10 ships destroyed our 50 especially if they were all the EXACT same.

This would deter me from even wanting to have true team battles with my friends because im more likely to lose ships in a fleet with my alliance.

Could you or are you going to go into more depth on this?

Come join us on the Official Zeon Imperium forums!
http://zeonimperium.enjin.com/

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Re: When talking about giving buffs to the underdog

Postby Sypheria » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:10 pm

Join our live stream tomorrow when we talk about this. :D

Ganging up on people will turn out very badly for you, but making alliance verse alliance battles will be hugely advantageous for both sides.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Ok, cool thanks. I was hoping tomorrow would involve this, its been bugging me since last live stream.

Im sure we will al lfind a way to balance it out to be as realistic but fair as possible.

See you then!

If anyone wants to still discuss please do, Id like ideas to mention tomorrow during the live stream.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Postby Decoys84 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Does there really need to be buffs for the defender? If the attacker can convince 4 other people to reduce there offensive and defensive capabilities isn't that good diplomacy? Don't they deserve to have the advantage and should the defender not be responsible for his own diplomacy and finding allies to help him defend?

On the other side it would suck to get steamrolled. But if an invasion is very slow paced then that allows time for making allies to group up against a menace.
Decoys84

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:20 pm

Decoys84 wrote:Does there really need to be buffs for the defender? If the attacker can convince 4 other people to reduce there offensive and defensive capabilities isn't that good diplomacy? Don't they deserve to have the advantage and should the defender not be responsible for his own diplomacy and finding allies to help him defend?

On the other side it would suck to get steamrolled. But if an invasion is very slow paced then that allows time for making allies to group up against a menace.

I don't think the buffs and debuffs will be deciding factors alone on who wins and who loses. If you are outnumbered there is still a very high probability that if you don't know how to win, you're going to lose. It's not meant to break the game play or make it unfair. At least that's how I understand it :P
To apply to the Consortium of Planets, inquire via PM
ConsortiumCzar

Location: http://www.twitch.tv/dtebbs87 http://www.consortiumofplanets.net

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Well,

From what I understood off the live stream they want to prevent steamrolling by allowing buffs to the person who is outnumbered.
This is great and i love the idea as it wont be one of those games that someone starts gets pwned and then leaves.

However my only problem is this scenario:

A single enemy fleet of 50k CP comes and attacks my Allies planet, My ally responds with a fleet of equal CP, So far it fair, ok cool...
But im an ally and want to help defend my ally, I arrive with a fleet of equal CP....
Not the enemy has a buff which will make his stupid strong (according to what i understand on how the devs are discouraging ganks) and now hes going to gain an advantage to either A Equal the fight making me coming to my allies aid useless or B make him over powered and allowing him to steamroll us..

Then being in an alliance and helping allies would be useless right?

Am i seeing this wrong?

ConsortiumCzar: I do agree that it is going to be based off of high levels of strategy but the devs make it sound like that wouldnt even matter when its more then an equal fight. For defending purposes in alliance space the alliance should have a buff that would allow the above scenario to not happen.
I see what you are talking about but... Maybe its just me but myself and several others have been talking and wondering about this.

Decoys84: No, i disagree there should be buffs, like they said steamrolling new players would effectively limit the number of people who stay and play the game rather then rage quitting because of trolls.

Maybe there could also be a system in place to allow people of close or to equal game play to lose these buffs for more competitive game play?

― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Postby Sypheria » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:40 pm

ZoCs near planets don't really have as harsh effects for defending players.

Also in a 1v2, the 2 will still win nearly every time, they will just both take heavy damage.

Normally you wouldn't want to fight in a established ZoC. You would fight afterwards spawning a new ZoC.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:21 pm

Sypheria wrote:ZoCs near planets don't really have as harsh effects for defending players.

Also in a 1v2, the 2 will still win nearly every time, they will just both take heavy damage.

Normally you wouldn't want to fight in a established ZoC. You would fight afterwards spawning a new ZoC.

I just was able to watch the last part of the stream after having to leave early. It seems there was a debate between you and nick about weather or not there should be a limit to the CP a planet owner could bring to the defense of their planet.
Interested more on that now.

Thank you for clearing that up, i was worried from the way I was interpreting the responses that it would be a losing battle either way, though i feel more comfortable now and after what i herd in the live stream today and you clearing this up.... im going to go up my donation on KS.

Lots of great votes on kickstarter today and those few things just made it so much better for me. Thanks

Just one last thing just a simple yes or no will do, if you would please. Mobile suits like "Gundam" suits are being implemented for humans?! It was mentioned in the stream but of course not going to be "Gundams" just lack of a better word.

― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Postby Veqlargh » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:12 am

either they were joking, or they are really considering it. If they really are considering it might i make a suggestion? Just get it over with and rename the human race "Tau" :)
Veqlargh

Postby Sypheria » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:46 am

Every species except Aceans use mobile powered suits; maybe Rodrigo has even made a faction of machinery Acean users that I don't know of.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Next

Return to Balancing