Planet limit

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Re: Planet limit

Postby PerfectDeath » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:47 pm

Many games have that in it, recently, when I had played some Total War games, the AI would just send a death stack in one direction while another followed behind him taking over the abandoned castles... =\
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby Imperator » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:39 pm

I have to say, reading through this thread, I'm very excited to see where this game goes over the next few months, when all these subsystems get implemented. The idea of actually having to manage realistic logistics in a protracted conflict seems like it will add a dimension to Novus AEterno that's seriously lacking from most other games.

You devs are great, keep up the solid work!
Imperator

Postby Nick » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:42 am

You acualy dont even gain enough to defend your planets, but you get enough to build some defensive platforms around them etc.
and you start with a high minimum CP but it grows very slowly from there. so a massive empire may have 1.6x the CP of a noob player
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Postby Ponder » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 am

Hmm, i know this has been talked about to death and it seems to go in circles, maybe its not fully fleshed out yet as it might need more testing to see how the whole CP limit will work. Ive actually read most of this thread before, but went over some of it again and i really hope the idea that a massive empire will only have e.g. "1.6 times the CP of a noob player" will not be the final solution...

(Oh hey Czar you said i was trolling myself and misinterpreting what i have been told about the CP limiting factor, well here it is written from Nick himself that its going to be apparently under 2 x the starting CP for a massive empire. I suppose i am misinterpreting that too ? :) )

I understand the whole "we wanna avoid steam rolling" thing, but surely thats what alliances and ZOC,s are there for. Alliances to team up to fight a stronger enemy, ZoCs to keep actual battles relatively non zergish because of adding costs for the zerger.

This is just one thing i hope has room for more thought and that its not something set in stone as i really dont want this game to fail or for it to put off people with this idea of limitation on a game that does not need to be limited in this way, apart from what the players own choices and skill with D.I.M.E set for themselves.
Last edited by Ponder on Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ponder

Postby Lord Tyrius » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:01 am

Of course we will see how it turns out ingame. At this stage of development almost nothing is set into stone to stay like this forever.
This is just the plan that currently seems to be the best for what the devs want.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby ConsortiumCzar » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:10 am

I think you've managed to misinterpret what I was saying now.

LOL :lol:
To apply to the Consortium of Planets, inquire via PM
ConsortiumCzar

Location: http://www.twitch.tv/dtebbs87 http://www.consortiumofplanets.net

Postby Sypheria » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:35 am

You are also misinterpreting Nick. A massive empire may have x50 as much cp or even more as a starting player. The average "massive empire" might have around x1.6. Don't expect everyone in the entire game to be massive. For someone to become big that means many players get squashed out.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Ponder » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:18 am

If you honestly think i misinterpreted what i read then i must be insanely bad at reading. I would also like to apologize if im being thicker than the offspring of a village idiot and a tv weather girl.(Red Dwarf Quote for anyone that knows it )

But dont forget that people sometimes write conflicting ideas or ideas that sound conflicting when not fully explained and its hard to know which ones are more accurate.

The difference between:
Sypheria wrote:You are also misinterpreting Nick. A massive empire may have x50 as much cp or even more as a starting player. The average "massive empire" might have around x1.6. Don't expect everyone in the entire game to be massive. For someone to become big that means many players get squashed out.

and
Nick wrote:You acualy dont even gain enough to defend your planets, but you get enough to build some defensive platforms around them etc.
and you start with a high minimum CP but it grows very slowly from there. so a massive empire may have 1.6x the CP of a noob player

combined with another post from a different person that said "you will NEVER get to double your starting CP"

Maybe you can see my confusion lol,

But if what you said is the actual way its going to be Sypheria then i am very glad to hear it. Of course it will be very hard to get massive amounts of CP, rightfully so, but im glad its at least an option to work towards :)
Ponder

Postby Sypheria » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 am

Defence platforms won't keep your planets protected forever. They are support units that buy time until your units can finish up whatever they are doing and FTL in. In that essence you don't ever get enough to defend all your planets, but rather support all your planets.

The CP system, like all systems, is always changing, so when it says never, that is outdated.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Ponder » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:46 am

Ok thats good, i just wish my infiltrator code would come so i can actually get in the game now :) been nearly 48 hours now
Ponder

PreviousNext

Return to Balancing