Player Experience Balance

QQ to your hearts content and we'll take a look at its legitimacy.

Player Experience Balance

Postby KuraiJaki » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:39 am

I'm not talking about bigger players vs smaller players. I'm talking about players with more game knowledge and experience than new players.
So basically newbies vs veterans.

Back when I played Imperion(a retired space RTS MMO), I started in a sever 2 weeks late and was in area full of newbies.
Despite their size, I meet no resistances because they don't know how to fight like a pro and lack important game knowledge.

Once Alpha and Beta is over and this game comes out, there will be a huge experience gap. The purpose of this thread is to discuss
how huge is this experience gap and how will it effect the balance of the game?
KuraiJaki

Re: Player Experience Balance

Postby itsc0nn0r » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:48 am

We'll they will learn over time (like with all games).There is a tutorial in the game and online on YouTube so you will know the basics and before the game is out there will probably be more in depth videos to come and same with the livestreams. So it's not like there's no place to find the information and become more experienced but as it is with all games the alpha/beta/infiltrators will have the advantage at first with experience but later that fades. All in all there is no balancing to player experience unless people do the suggested like watching the streams VODS and YouTube videos they help and I recommend it.
~Don't take me for Granted,for if you do i will be your worst Nightmare.
Connor
itsc0nn0r

Postby KuraiJaki » Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:53 pm

I see. So how big is the gap when it comes to experience?

If you were a veteran since alpha and fought against newbies who finally got this game on Steam or local gaming store,
how many newbies you think you can take on with equal CP?
KuraiJaki

Postby PerfectDeath » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:33 am

It is difficult to quantify soft values around player skill and experience; one thing we can do is look at what the best position of attack and defense would yield:

a Dreadnought Mk 1 vs a Dreadnought Mk 1 fight can at best result in your dread firing at the enemy dread's rear dealing x2.5 damage while shots it receives only hit the front armour dealing x0.2 damage.

so, that dread can statistically take on around 12 other dreadnoughts in optimal 1v1s.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Return to Balancing