[Confirmed] Ships seems not to exist

Space bugs, we hate em. Let us know where you saw that dirty Acean!

[Confirmed] Ships seems not to exist

Postby Maverick210 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:54 am

Hello,

I am new to this game so i dunno if I report this bug right.

But since I started playing I have the problem, that not a single ship i build has survived a relog. I was actually able to colonize a planet with one and the planet is still there but everything I do on it also disappears after relog. Tried to move goods from my home planet to my newly colonized one via a freighter and was able to do so and build a mine there, but when I want to move my freighter back to my home planet I cannot launch it and after relog my ships are gone and the building I build too. Even waiting for server to save did not help. So atm I cannot do anything with this game which is a shame. Today I even got greeted by the system as not being online for a day (22h), even though It should not have been more then 10h.

so priority: High

Also deleted my new Empire and started a new one. See if that helps.

Edit: Worked fine at the beginning. Build a Battleship and colonized a new planet. Was able to make a trade run to the new planet and back. But at my home planet the ship got stuck again at launch an disappeared after relog.
Last edited by Maverick210 on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maverick210

Re: [Pending] Ships seems not to exist

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:18 am

I can confirm: I have had a ship stuck as well.

Hmm, ships are supposed to be AFFECTED by saves now :P
Sounds that by doing that something else broke. Hope it will be fixed soon :/
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Silligoose » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 am

I've encountered a similar bug, though not quite the same: Build ships, ships launch, ships can fly about, but the ships do not fire upon enemy ships and do not move into range of a target once the target is selected as they normally would.

Upon relogging, it appears the faulty ships disappeared, with only ships that were properly working, remaining. Almost all ships I build seem to be of the faulty type, so for me this is pretty gamebreaking for me.
Silligoose

Postby Maverick210 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:56 am

Silligoose wrote:
Upon relogging, it appears the faulty ships disappeared, with only ships that were properly working, remaining. Almost all ships I build seem to be of the faulty type, so for me this is pretty gamebreaking for me.

Have that too. Also tested that yesterday with Zues (?). It seems like the faulty ships are not visible to other players
Maverick210

Re: [Confirmed] Ships seems not to exist

Postby MrGoche » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:59 am

Experiencing similar issue. Its easier for me to make destroyers and corvettes (less parts?). However Freighters have tendency to work fine (still there after re-logs, able to FTL) up to the point i dock at another planet which case i "may" be able to unload rescources otherwise it will just sit there (then afterwords disapear after relog). Otherwise when i unload rescources the ship will be stuck or the one occasion where it worked fine and didnt disapear. The rescources themselves are bugged changing in size and type after relogging but ill put that as a seperate bug. And then i am also able to colonize planets with bugged ships after relog they disapear but planets captured remain. I noticed that bug ships tend to not be able to FTL (with exception to frieghters).
MrGoche

Postby Maverick210 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:06 am

Any progress on this problem? Would really like to play but cannot due to this problem.
Maverick210

Postby Sypheria » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:39 am

It will be fixed when the new client is ready.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Maverick210 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Sypheria wrote:It will be fixed when the new client is ready.

Any chance on an eta? :)
Maverick210

Postby Sypheria » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:34 pm

It's ready when it's ready.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby mosaic » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm also experiencing this issue, but for me my ships disappear after re-logging, and then are still taking up CP's. Your ship's Command Point value should be returned once that ship is removed from your control right?
mosaic

Next

Return to Game Bug Reports