Multiple issues

Space bugs, we hate em. Let us know where you saw that dirty Acean!

Multiple issues

Postby damien3221 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Having finally manage to start the game I am having problems with starting with no resources and no tutorial I have started multiple characters with no avail.
damien3221

Re: Multiple issues

Postby damien3221 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:25 am

Getting a bit annoyed at having to wait a week plus for a 1 minute reply I payed for this early access game with the view to test and review it, I am pretty disappointing with the level of support offered to users in this regard, I understand that games development is a challenging task and also that your team is very small but if you are offering to allow users to purchase this product with the aim to test it then support is something that needs to be addressed.
damien3221

Postby Aetherblade » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:19 am

Hey Damien,

Sorry that it is a bit quiet at the moment, we are working on a major new version behind the scenes. Shouldn't be too long until it's done. Once it's done there will be a lot more people ingame again which will make it easier to learn to play the game as well. The tutorial is fairly low priority at the moment, though it something that is of course planned.

As to your issue, it sounds like you we have preformed a server reset to commit some bigger changes. If you reset your empire (via the main menu) you should start with a fresh one that has resources and should work normally. Again, something you shouldn't have to do once the new version is running.

If you are still having issues, let me know when you plan to go ingame and I'll hop in with you to figure out what is going on :), you could of course have a bug we don't actually know about.

Thanks for the support!
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby damien3221 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:58 am

Thanks for the reply, I have reset my account multiple times with the same result, that of starting the game only being able to build the outpost I do not know if the 2 things are related but on a side note humans appear to be located in Acaean faction and the human faction is empty?

Also If we cannot resolve this issue via the forums I am usually online 0600 UK TZ but anytime from then until 1900 UK time is fine for me.
damien3221

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Originally the forums were active enough that someone would answer your thread within a day but now… it's pretty much just a few users and one dev. Aetherblade hasn't been active but that could be just due to redundancy or their time has been taken up by other issues. I saw this thread when you first made it but figured sypheria would give you a better answer then I or tyrius would. Sorry about that, it also isn't a bad idea to check the recently active threads as many people are currently having issues but it has been mentioned many MANY times that this is a temporary problem.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby damien3221 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:17 am

I understand that this problem is fairly common and "temporary" but this issue still has not been resolved for me at this point, I have also not seen any new information on this game which is a shame as it looks promising.
I do remember when the forums where very active and I probably should have signed up for access then but having seen what was going on with games like Greed-monger and others I wanted to reserve my judgment and I believe. that the spirit of crowdfunding has been lost somewhere along the way.
damien3221

Postby Therianwolf » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:07 pm

"Lost" might be a little strong, "hibernating" or "redirected" might be better. People have a short attention span even more so if you are talking about the Internet, if something new and shiny isn't dangled in front of them often they loose interest, which is fair as the Internet has made us into a society of spoiled children (myself included in that statement). As for why no new news, that's simply "legal reason" it's like how a AAA studio might lie by omission or deny rumours even if they are true. That or something similar is probably the case here. Thought I will admit this company does have a terrible habit or giving rough deadlines when it's probably safer to just play the blizzard card of "it will be out when its done" rather then give people something to quote later when it doesn't hit that vague deadline. For example, I'm not gonna go hunting for the exact quote but, I believe it was mentioned that this newest update should come out within two weeks as it was mentioned to be due in July or early August. Probably wasn't the greatest idea cause if it doesn't get released then, for whatever reason, those placated by that quote will start accusing the devs of being liars and cheats as some already are for their original "vague" release date of the game and for the quality/workability/features that would be avalible at said vague date. I for one won't complain, I say let them do their thing and so long as a product is completed at some time in the future my expectations will be satisfied. Then again if you gave up more then 35 bucks for this game… eh do what you will just try not to make slanderous remarks based on opinions and not facts, these are people after all who also need to work for a living, I don't know about you but I would fine it EXTREMELY stressful if my boss was breathing down my neck everyday for problems that aren't entirely my fault.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby damien3221 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:36 pm

I'm not really annoyed about the release date as you say its done when its done, I was referring to crowdfunding as a whole and not directed at NA specifically, but in the lead up to the launch if indeed it is imminent there needs to be more disclosure if only to get people reading about it and thinking about joining.
I think if you accept crowdfunding now days you have to expect that you will be under far more scrutiny and rather than just have one person breathing down your neck you may have hundreds if not thousands with the odd crazy thrown in there for good measure /cough derek smart /cough .
damien3221

Postby Therianwolf » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:54 pm

True, though it's still probably better to get a hundred thousand people bitching then one company have absolute and unquestionable control over YOUR creation. With crowd funding as it is it's still buyer beware but that's the same everywhere, but on the producer/developer/creator/whatever end they still get the final say especially at this point since they have the money. Legally they are almost untouchable so long as they provide something that's playable, THOSE are scams but I, far beyond, highly doubt that is the case here. If it were they wouldn't have had what they had when they made the kickstarter. But I digress, to address your point would YOU want people to see the game as is right this minute? Lol I personally would rather it be a five nights a Freddy's method of "here's a teaser, oh btw the game is out tomorrow" that way there is no wait people can get ravenous right away and it will be complete with polish. It's an artist thing, they/we (different media) are perfectionists and don't like letting our creations flaws be seen. What they had at the kickstarter point was VERY good for the level of development. That's probably also why they kept calling it the alpha stage, the level of criticism would be far less severe and would/did garner more praise then negative comments. Hehe and the troll dares to try and attack MY emotional development
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby damien3221 » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Yes having complete control over your own project would be excellent as-well as having the huge resource of thousands of ideas to potentially draw from would be great, obviously nothing can beat this fine creation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds but perfection is only achieved once on a side note I'm having client disconnect which I assume is due to the servers being down, but I am unsure as to this as no update has been released.
damien3221

Next

Return to Game Bug Reports