The Azsendi

The Novus Aeterno community has shown it's talents and we want to see more. Come show us your stuff and I might leave your planets alone.

The Azsendi

Postby Aetherblade » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Hey guys, I am going to write a story from the Azsendi's point of view. From the small bits I could find scattered around on the website, they seemed interesting to try to flesh out. But before I do that, I would like to know all there is to know. Is there stuff that you devs have that I can look at that is not here on the site yet for example? Like how their bodies work and such. It can be really basic stuff, I just need to know a bit. Most I can improvise and adjust later on if needed.

All I have been able to find so far on the race specificly is:

----------------------
Azsendi are going to be interesting to do as they rely on their own powers to combat their enemies; their ships are more of a channel for their power. I've come up with a few ideas how their combat could work but nothing 100% yet.
**They won't be throwing ships into each other for a long time. =P
-----------------
Azsendi are pretty weak on production time and cost but they make their stuff well.
------------------
ooh ok. im interested in those living metal lookin ones, the Azsendi or however u spell it, or the biorace, that someone else said reminded them of tyranids from the 40k universe. can u tell me anything about them?
-------------------
biology:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/ ... 4cehz2.jpg
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... +#/d46cokf
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 6168_n.jpg
------------------
Ships: http://iririv.deviantart.com/art/Azsend ... -253724898
-----------------
Their bodies are very cold, their ammonia blood has to stay as a liquid, thus they need an internal body temperature somewhere around -90C i think.
This cold body allows them to do some unique molecular manipulation giving them this sort of psychic-magnetic power.
Gameplay-wise they will demonstrate most of their powers through ship-based abilities you activate
-------------
They don't rely on weapons or shields or utility's like all other races, they manifest anything they need and almost all of there game play is based around skills such as grabbing enemy ships and throwing them into other enemy ships XD
-----------------
They don't shape shift themselves, they shape shift others, even people. =P
----------------
yes, and manyother "sci fi magic" things
------------------

Which is enough for me to work on, but I'm hoping to write something that would actually make sense in the universe you are creating xD.

So if anyone know where to find pictures or other pieces to info, please put a link to it below. I'll try to find it too of course, and if it's not there I'll create it :).

Edit: so I found a bit more info as you can see in the list above about the guys. Still would appreciate it if the info could be updated/verified by the devs or expanded upon before i get into writing mode.
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Re: The Azsendi

Postby Aurora Imperium » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:22 pm

Writing mode: Initiation in progress...
Dawn of an Empire
Aurora Imperium

Postby PerfectDeath » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:07 pm

I have written a lot more about them, but now that I've changed from being the writer to the infiltrator program manager things can change. =p
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby hammer326 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Very cool! I think it'll be fascinating to see what this community has in store after seeing things like this. For once in a long while we have a game with some truly outlandish designs for alien races. OUTSTANDING job!
hammer326

Postby Aetherblade » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:59 am

Someone else can take this over if he/she wants too :). I'd still love to write it, I enjoy doing that a lot, but I simply don't have the time anymore often enough now I actually have a job xD.
Guide to the game:
Link

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby Aurora Imperium » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:35 pm

And it's up to the developers whether it be canon or not? Either way it sounds like an adventure in itself to write this, but I don't have the narrative skills, I think.
Dawn of an Empire
Aurora Imperium

Postby SolarDragon » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:49 pm

I've had occasional literary aspirations, so I'm happy for things to be bounced off me for proof-reading or awesomeness-checking ^_^
SolarDragon

Postby Aetherblade » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Well, per default nothing writen by the users will be canon. If it is very good it might become canon in the future, who knows. But like with things such as Star Wars, Star Trek and other things, it's fine to write what ever you want.

Personally, I was going to write how my trade-empire was burned to ashes by an alien race (the Azsendi) after a trade dispute with them escalated to full scale war. The focus of my story would be the about the life and rise of Berend Karling through the ranks to his eventual becoming High Chancellor and leader of a new growing empire. My stories are usually very detailed and have a "realistic" dark atmosphere about them.

Writing this I really want to start doing that again, I've got loads of plans :). If I do start it again in the evenings I'll post it here. (while making clear that there is a "absolutely-no-canon" sticker on it xD)
Guide to the game:
Link

Aetherblade

Postby BlackTalons » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:01 am

One paragraph a night may be enough. I want to see what you have in mind.
"Fight! Win! Prevail!"
BlackTalons

Postby firespier » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:46 am

problem about writing might be not knowing yet what sort of societies and organisation each race has and it would get a tad well problematic if some major facts within game and story dont mach up (so pls give some infos :twisted: )
1. Everything which can go wrong will go wrong
2.Never underestimate human stupidness
firespier

Next

Return to Fan Creations