Singularity weapon

The Novus Aeterno community has shown it's talents and we want to see more. Come show us your stuff and I might leave your planets alone.

Singularity weapon

Postby Psychowolf » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:33 pm

In the latest live stream there was talk of a capital ship with a Singularity or black hole weapon, witch I found pretty cool idea. and now I have all these ideas in my head as to how it would look maybe and how it would affect gameplay. a black hole is exactly that. a whole in space and time in which even light cant escape its pull. how would that look if used by a ship? well. personally I would think that there would be a lensing affect around the event horizon, that looks like your looking through say a concave or convex window, distorting the view past the edges, that aint obscured by the black hole. what most people would think of colors and such around the black hole is the accretion or acclimation disk, all the gasses and materials being drawn into the event horizon to whatever lies beyond. BUT anyway. enough about some of the sciences of it, back to the original topic. how would it look. take the capital ship that is now being show, the Kraken. it has a hollow space between the 3 prongs at the bow. to me, if say this ship had the singularity weapon, I would see the apex's of the prow lighting up, maybe a bright blue or something signifying the capacitors of the weapons charging. seeing as its a super weapon probably, it couldn't be constantly running. you would have to charge it up to fire, so maybe the colors represent its amount charged, basically the cool down effect before the weapon can be fired again, like red for below 30%, yellow for 30-60, blue for 60-90% and white for 90-100% charge. now say for when the weapon is activated, it starts with say energy being drawn into the focus, as things around the ship start to be affected till the singularity forms, causing a nice lensing affect of the ship that is using the weapon, as it starts to draw in enemy ships around it. another affect that would probably be a balancer for the weapon is that time and acceleration is relative to mass, in this case, the closer to a black hole u go, the slower time seems to move, and this would affect your ships too, but not nessicarily sucking them in, as it would the enemy ships. throws in abit of tactical elements to the weapons usage so people aint just flying around vacuum cleaning up peoples fleets like a weight watchers convention goes through a box of Twinkies. and i could see it having a longer charge up / cool down timer than say more conventional weapons, but when it goes, it goes off in a big way. anyway. it was just on my mind and i figured i would write it out and see how crazy people would find it haha.
NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE! THE FALLEN MUST REPENT! Dark Angels Deathwing Company.
Psychowolf

Re: Singularity weapon

Postby GurfX19 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:22 am

They could be big enough to suck whole planets :P
You will never win a war, if you don't know your enemy.
GurfX19

Postby voomhi » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Realistically a ship wouldn't be able to cause singularity which is created in some of the hottest temperatures and gravitational pressure.....
Umm.. GO GO ANIME!
"True art requires your imagination for the unknown"-Shiroyasha (anime is: mondaiji tachi ga isekai kara kuru sou desu yo )
voomhi

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Maybe fire projectile that explodes into a mini black hole after a certain amount of flight or until impact?

Come join us on the Official Zeon Imperium forums!
http://zeonimperium.enjin.com/

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Postby UnicomNexus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 pm

Firing projectiles that makes a black hole that soon collapses on itself depending on the size.
You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win it by making the other die for their country.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to message me. I'll help to the best of my abilities.
~Jaren

Roboris Per Scientia - Strength Through Science

na_sypheria: My body turns calories into code.
UnicomNexus

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:22 pm

UnicomNexus wrote:Firing projectiles that makes a black hole that soon collapses on itself depending on the size.

Sounds dangerous, i like it.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”
― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Postby UnicomNexus » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Everyone loves dangerous things ;D
You don't win a war by dying for your country. You win it by making the other die for their country.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to message me. I'll help to the best of my abilities.
~Jaren

Roboris Per Scientia - Strength Through Science

na_sypheria: My body turns calories into code.
UnicomNexus

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:48 pm

Especially the ones that cause black holes and super destructive furries with lasers.

― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Postby voomhi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:14 pm

so... wouldn't the furies be pulled into the black hole?
Umm.. GO GO ANIME!
"True art requires your imagination for the unknown"-Shiroyasha (anime is: mondaiji tachi ga isekai kara kuru sou desu yo )
voomhi

Postby Quizzinbuzz117 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:28 pm

voomhi wrote:so... wouldn't the furies be pulled into the black hole?

No, they have immunity to any and all distortion effects.

OR

you could go with the theory that being sucked into a black hole sends you somewhere else in time, meaning the furreis could wreck havoc in the future or past.

― Bernard M. Baruch
Quizzinbuzz117

Return to Fan Creations