Suggestions Galore!

The Novus Aeterno community has shown it's talents and we want to see more. Come show us your stuff and I might leave your planets alone.

Re: Suggestions Galore!

Postby Keyrik » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:44 am

KaosMaximo wrote:omg you actually wright a lot.. with the "spys" section you make me come to mind the Electronic warefare in EVE online haha it could be nice to have some sort of unique kind of ships and modules (instead of having guns for example) to "bother" with the scaners and maby eaven the guns or engines of the enemie's ships... dont know if oyur guys already think about that too..

also liked the idea of having more elements in space could be black holes, asteroid fields, forgoten space mines. also could be good to have like pve missions that we can found in deadspace or unexplored solar sistems :)

I can´t seem to find the resemblance of NAE spies and EvE´s E-War, sorry :/ I do have couple of thoughts on Electronic Warfare though, nothing too complex for the time being. The idea is to make it something NOT ONLY ship targeted, but also affecting the player. Let me explain briefly:

You have a sensor jammer activated against enemy fleet. I games like EvE, it would mean that you basicaly know, that sensor dampener reduces your range, ECM breacks your lock on arget and so on. But how about this - sensor jammer creates an electromagnetic field in a radius around ship that uses it. I doesn´t just reduce the range and/or firing arks of ALL ships (yes, even your own) that don´t run counter-measures, but also makes the area visualy different, a bit blurry or grainy, so the player has dificulties navigating the battlefield as well as they normally would.

As for your other sugestion, the anomalies, I am not entirely against migrating asteroid belts, mining colonies or abanddoned research centers. These just have to be !!!SCARCE!!! and adequately !!!VALUABLE!!! (unlike the EvEs, which are sooooo common, that any new goods this might provide just depreciate at a tremendous rate).
Has anyone else noticed that first thing you learn when studying foreign languages is swearing?
Keyrik

Postby JusVenom » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:08 am

I think the game would be really cool if we can have a local and all voice chat implemented eventually.

So when someone comes close to me i can attempt to contact them by just talking.
Our start a say Private long range chat with someone i know or with everyone in my solar system.

Would make for highly entertaining battles and i think it would be awesome if say..
Me and some guy was battling and some random guy turns up and asks over mic..
Whats going on and based on those responses decide how to act.

I feel you may have this planned already but thought it best to mention it just in case :)
JusVenom

Postby AdmiralVGamer » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:42 pm

JusVenom wrote:I think the game would be really cool if we can have a local and all voice chat implemented eventually.

So when someone comes close to me i can attempt to contact them by just talking.
Our start a say Private long range chat with someone i know or with everyone in my solar system.

Would make for highly entertaining battles and i think it would be awesome if say..
Me and some guy was battling and some random guy turns up and asks over mic..
Whats going on and based on those responses decide how to act.

I feel you may have this planned already but thought it best to mention it just in case :)

That brings up another Spy based idea, perhaps something a little different. If you get the right frequencies through spying you can record and listen in on the communications between empires.
AdmiralVGamer

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:16 am

There was the plan to integrate mumble into the game, no idea how, or what the current plans are though.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby AdmiralVGamer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:41 pm

I AM BACK. Sorry guys had to take time off to really focus on school and crap, anyway doesn't matter, point is I'm back. Also I have a problem with my download were I just get Error: 1.
AdmiralVGamer

Postby Therianwolf » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:13 am

Welcome back, forum activity has dropped considerably since this thread was started. Can't help with your error but sypheria and tyrius stalk this place and will surely answer it today.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:23 am

AdmiralVGamer wrote:I have a problem with my download were I just get Error: 1.

Do I understand correctly:
You are trying to download the game, but when you run the splash/try to update you are getting Error:1?
If this is still the case you might want to open a thread for it in the tech support section (as I had no issues doing so when I just tested)
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby AdmiralVGamer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:34 am

Yeah, and I'm looking for help now, just stating I can't play the game quite yet so I can't offer full suggestions again as I would be right now.
AdmiralVGamer

Postby Sypheria » Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:37 pm

There should be more information missing than just Error: 1.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby AdmiralVGamer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:53 pm

Nope, just the usual official system error window with the advice of go to the forums and that its Error: 1 that's it. It loads the Novus Aterno logo then immediately goes to this.

Novus Aeterno - Error
An error occurred while loading this form.
Please restart the application to automatically fix the error

If restarting does not resolve this issue, please leave a post at the Novus Aeterno Technical Support sub-forum.
(viewforum.php?f=16)

Error: 1
AdmiralVGamer

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Creations