weapon, ship ideas

The Novus Aeterno community has shown it's talents and we want to see more. Come show us your stuff and I might leave your planets alone.

weapon, ship ideas

Postby nightbuilder12 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:50 pm

So i was watching all of the streams and they talked about the really hit $$$ donors getting to design their very own weapon/ research idea, i decided that the people should also show their ideas, so here i want anyone to wright
1) weapon name
2) what it does
3) the back story behind the weapon
4) what type is it (laser, projectile, etc.)
5) what color would the weapon shot look like/ cool thing it does

so lets gets those ideas roling! :!:

drawing/ blueprints encouraged
Last edited by nightbuilder12 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Pie Lord all will bow down to me an[color=#00FF00][color=#80BFFF]d will be ruled by the friendship army[/color]![/color]
nightbuilder12

Re: weapon, ship ideas

Postby nightbuilder12 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:04 pm

so to get the ball rolling

1) its an EMP type weapon (say it as 1 word)
2) it fires a blue projectile and it disables all movement and lazer weapons for 3 - 5 seconds ( depending on where it is hit) if it hits the enjines, it wolnt be able to move for 8 seconds. It has a 15 second cooldown. if the oposing ship has shields, the weapon is usless
3) It was a human origin weapon and stolen by the Veru'nas outcasts to help protect them in the early start of the outcasts, and help protect the outcasts from the savages. When the weapon had leaked out from the outcasts , it ended up in the stranger Veru'nas which used it to hunt other Veru'nas factions, and stop the fleeing outcas Veru'nas. (when the other Veru'nas lores come out i will probably add more)
4) it is a projectile
5)the weapon leaves a light blue/green wake in its path
I am the Pie Lord all will bow down to me an[color=#00FF00][color=#80BFFF]d will be ruled by the friendship army[/color]![/color]
nightbuilder12

Postby PerfectDeath » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:58 pm

There are criticals that can jam weapons (forcing reloads) or disable the engine for short periods of time. there are also ways to damage components individually. These crits are often tied to the hull itself; however, some weapon types can have modifiers for improving the crit rates.

currently, EMP will deal additional shield damage and systems damage with reduced hull damage.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby memo16 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:29 pm

1)The Gamma Cannon 2)it fire a big bast that sends a shockwave of energy that push ships backwards in moment's It destroys formations and blockades 3)pls fill in weapon lore pls 5) a big blue forcefield moving forward 4)energy weapon
BPM
memo16

Postby Therianwolf » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:59 pm

Adding some plausibility to this weapon, it would take too much energy to create a physical shockwave and would also make the weapon a little op unless it's a huge reasource dump per shot as even a gamma ray burst aimed directly at a planet won't move it (it's atmosphere is another matter). An alternative effect would be the druption of systems and even some biological bonus effects. Another effect could be the creation of a temporary fog of war even with your ships in it, to simulate the disruption of sensors in that area. Also purple or white would make for a better colour then blue Check here for reason why on top of that it would be better as a very wide angles shotgun blast like weapon since gamma particles have a VERY short range and scatter rather quickly… unless it's more of birdshot kind of shell loaded with gamma irradiated shrapnel that is flung out of the cannon. Then it would go a shit ton further but have a diminished effect and narrower arc.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby memo16 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Okay about rocket propelled sheath space mines
Would those be any good?
BPM
memo16

Postby nightbuilder12 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:26 pm

I think it would need to be ow to do that
nightbuilder12

Postby Therianwolf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:49 pm

Rocket propelled? That seems horribly ineffient. First off it would have to be of considerable size to contain enough propellant to be effective and once it picks a target if it misses it becomes a greater problem. Ion propulsion might work but again that would need fuel, magnetism wouldn't be powerful enough and if it were it would be easy to detect so not very hidden. Short ranged magnetic mines would be effective though you would need a tremendous amount to cover a large enough area to be effective. Having them all linked by some manner would be useful so that once one is triggers all within a field become locked to the same target. This would reduce the need for a cloud of mines if you have small pockets of such fields
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Sypheria » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:08 pm

Science seems to be stifling your creativity.

Remember games are about fun. ^_^
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Therianwolf » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:34 pm

I find it to be more of a challenge and fun. Is it more creative to come up with your own rules for how things work or to work within someone else's rules and get the same results. One takes more thought then the other, even animators must stick to some basic rules of proportions
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Next

Return to Fan Creations