Community Spectacular Spectacular

Put away those red launch warhead buttons and conduct some improv diplomacy.

Community Spectacular Spectacular

Postby Perkonis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 am

I'll admit, the name needs some work, I was going to go with "Community Shoot Each Other in the Face and then Brag About it to their Mothers," but that seemed a little too... wordy? Couldn't be. Anyways, I was doing a little bit of thinking (quite a feat for myself), and I wondered, what's the best thing a video game community waiting for a video game can do? Well, there's pre-order the game, and support it on Kickstarter, but what about the Community itself? Well, why not play some games?

I'm looking to set up some good old fashioned casual bloodshed, but I need to hear a few things from all of you first. Foremost, what system should we play on? I'm partial to Xbox, since chat is easy, and I have them most games for it, but PC is always an option. I assume that since this is a community for a PC game PC will win, but I need to ask anyways. The second question, what game? What should we play? A thread in this forums suggests Minecraft is a popular option, is that would people would prefer, or should we do something different? And lastly, but still importantly, when do people prefer? Weekends at noon [insert time zone]? Or sometime completely different.

Let me know what you all think, and hopefully we can get some good old fashioned carnage going.
-This is the part of the post where I impress you with my wit and finesse, instead, I'm simply displaying my lack of creativity by attempting to seem witty, and in pointing out that very fact, again, trying to appear witty. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Perkonis

Re: Community Spectacular Spectacular

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:04 pm

Awwhh how we tried to get people playing XD CRIPTO R.I.P
As you can see in the "admirals' night out" threads we once tried, but didn't find enough people nor a time or game that would really fit.
All I got out of it was 1/2 a lvl Alienswarm XD
I'd like to see you organising something better, so GOOD LUCK.
Maybe with the game evolving and the rising community we can actually get this going!
Minecraft would be an option, as we wouldn't even have to be online all at the same time but log in every now and then and mine some.
But then we would need a server with enough slots, depending on the number of players we get, and I'd rather throw my money at NA-Kickstarter than paying serverbills...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Perkonis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:16 pm

I did see that thread, but I'm certain we'll get some more people. Even if it's only five people, it'll still be a success, so. Yeah. Low goals! :D

And don't worry about server costs, I have friends that host and if need be I'll fork out the cash myself, money should be of no concern. A long term Minecraft server isn't a bad idea, but as far as one night stands go, what would you prefer?
-This is the part of the post where I impress you with my wit and finesse, instead, I'm simply displaying my lack of creativity by attempting to seem witty, and in pointing out that very fact, again, trying to appear witty. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Perkonis

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:34 pm

League of Legends is a game I spend a lot of time playing.
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Perkonis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Of course, the one game I've never played, and hope not to play out of fear of addiction. >.>
Perkonis

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Well, its quite fun, but maybe not perfect, since you need quite some practise before you can really compete with others...
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby firespier » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:26 am

indeed
also they constatntly change things
often too much mäh
1. Everything which can go wrong will go wrong
2.Never underestimate human stupidness
firespier

Postby Perkonis » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:06 pm

So am I to then assume LoL isn't the communities first choice? :P
Perkonis

Postby firespier » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:00 am

probblem is that the lol comunnity is one of the worst i have seen yet
flaming is nearly normal there
1. Everything which can go wrong will go wrong
2.Never underestimate human stupidness
firespier

Postby Perkonis » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:13 am

So if not LoL, what would you all prefer? Getting suggestions from you guys is like pulling teeth. :P
Perkonis

Next

Return to General's Night Out