A long journey.

See whats going on in the Novus Aeterno universe.

Re: A long journey.

Postby Sypheria » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:30 pm

HADES 9 will have less menus than Novus Aeterno did.

It's also our goal to have no loading screens aside from the initial connection.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Flatlander » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Sypheria wrote:HADES 9 will have less menus than Novus Aeterno did.

It's also our goal to have no loading screens aside from the initial connection.

Let me re-word it.

If you are "Safe" outside of a Space-Station Hub, because you are in a menu, or build screen, or management window, then that would be a nightmare for me.

The second you leave the space station hub, your ships should be loaded into the gameworld, where any player, npc, enemy, or environmental hazard could interact with it at any time until you reach the next space-station/hub or log out.

In the previous game, you even said you could be attacked and annoyed while offline, so I'm wondering if that same level of persistence will be offered in the new game.
Flatlander

Postby Sypheria » Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:10 pm

Once you leave the station you're fair game until you make it back.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Flatlander » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Sypheria wrote:Once you leave the station you're fair game until you make it back.

You made my day.

Also, when Alpha comes out, will it be possible to buy my friend's ways into the alpha?
I have plenty of friends who would enjoy this style of game, but were poor during your kickstarter.
Flatlander

Postby Sypheria » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm sure we'll do something. Nice thing about doing it independent is we can release in smaller stages rather than a full 1.0 release.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:47 pm

Flatlander wrote:If you are "Safe" outside of a Space-Station Hub, because you are in a menu, or build screen, or management window

Oh hell no!

Part of the beauty of adding in a hub station is we can have much more contrast in the gameplay, i.e. when you are docked on the hub you are 100% safe, nothing bad can happen to you. you can take all the time in the world to organize your fleets, tweak your capital ships designs, talk to your commanders, plan your next moves, etc.

However being out in deep space is the polar opposite, the reason for this is we want to provoke more immersive situations where the player forgets they are playing a game and is completely in the moment dealing with what there Admiral is dealing with. This unrelenting responsibility to get your crew home, makes the success of seeing Hades station show up on scanners all the more sweet.

This is one of the features we have not yet explained (there is just to much detail for 1 post) : Your venturing further from Hades 9 does give much higher chances for reward, however it also increases your risk, and that risk multiples with distances from safe harbor. If you are multiple lightyears away from Hades 9, and you come out of a engagement with a Pyrrhic victory, but having lost your supply ships and taken critical damage to your water filtration systems on your capital ship. You will be in a complicated situation , totally up to the player how to deal with it however there is honestly no "easy" solution. Honorable Admirals may turn to piracy just to get enough water to make it back to Hades, or maybe taking a gamble going even further from Hades hoping to find a source of water, the astute admiral may remember a Ice asteroid field just a few jumps back, time is ticking...

However that same situation taking place just 5k AU away from Hades its no big deal you can make it back before any ill effects.

I know this went really offtopic but I really like this system so its fun to talk about xD
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:44 am

Nick wrote:Part of the beauty of adding in a hub station is we can have much more contrast in the gameplay, i.e. when you are docked on the hub you are 100% safe, nothing bad can happen to you. you can take all the time in the world to organize your fleets, tweak your capital ships designs, talk to your commanders, plan your next moves, etc.

So I guess logging off while out in space is a bad idea as well? Will your ships try to get back, or are at the mercy of whoever comes around?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Nick » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Lord Tyrius wrote:So I guess logging off while out in space is a bad idea as well? Will your ships try to get back, or are at the mercy of whoever comes around?

The exact system is not set yet however the basic mechanics guidelines it will follow:

1. you log back in where you logged out.
2. Logging out in a hostile area or in combat is suicide effectively.
3. your fleet will probably not stay on the server indefinitely it will dispensary after a while of being offline.

we don't want to make it impossible to stay out in space without returning to Hades, its just a risky proposition. we dont want it to be limiting in the sense that you just cannot log out unless your at Hades because people will be able to go many days into the depth of spaces away from Hades, and it will take them many days to get back.
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Postby darnisa » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:11 pm

It is awesome to hear more from you guys. I'm liking the direction that your going in and I am glad to see you guys sticking it out and pushing pass all the crap handed to you both by life and backers. I do agree on the whole player logging on and no-one else being there and as such I love the idea of a main hub area. Can't wait to see more and will be waiting to start alpha testing again.
darnisa

Postby Tason5 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:45 pm

Excited is a very small way of putting how I feel! Game scenes shown so far look beautiful and I'm truly happy to hear from you all again. As from the day I first came across your game and chose to follow along plus supporting to a small degree, I'm looking foreword eagerly to the day you all bring your dream into completion. Hard work and dedication in time pays off and the examples shown show that hard work has been great and greatly deserved.

Thank you for the new update and the new scenes to look at, brought another burst of hope for things to come to my day!
Tason5

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements