First Wave Beta Key Giveaway

Events?! Did I say events? Yes, I did. Here's some information on the what, where and when.

First Wave Beta Key Giveaway

Postby Sypheria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:33 am

The event is over. Thanks to everyone who has participated.

As I'm sure most of you are aware, we are a small company; 2 programmers, a handful of artists and a few administration employees.
As such, we need your help to spread the word of Novus Aeterno.

We will be giving away 10-30 beta keys from the first key wave. This means winners will be in-game the first day of closed beta.

So, I'm sure your all ready to get started right?

This is not a advertisement for Novus Aeterno, this is about why you like Novus Aeterno. We want you sharing whatever you are excited about and sharing your passion about the game.

We don't want you to be spamming ads about us. Be interesting, make a funny youtube video, song or anything you want, but please guys, don't just go copying and pasting text and pictures from our website and spamming it around.

Create a youtube video, deviant art image, fan art, forum topic, a blog post, a news article, a facebook post or any other kind of online accessible user-based content. Tech suave individuals or those with online website designer know how may create a fanpage / webpage; in this case it will be judged solely on content. If its online, accessible to us to view and includes the links below in text(example: description area for youtube or deviant art pages) it can be any type of media.

The post should be about Novus Aeterno and why you like it; it can contain what is interesting, innovative or just awesome about Novus Aeterno.

Please provide the following links on the page:

Code: Select all
Forums: http://forum.novusaeterno.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/novusaeterno

Finally, please post your topics URL in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=183&p=1868

A few wise words form Ryan:
Ryan Chizek wrote:Anyway, I'd prefer if people didn't just post advertisements but try to start a discussion, that gets more interest and feedback. Our game is doing a lot of ambitious things so start up discussions on what people think about a game of our scale and other things you like or are interested in talking about.

Ads just get passed over. Discussions get people's attention.

Winners will be chosen from many criteria, including but not limited to the following:
- Post content (while quantity is generally good, quality is just as important if not more so)

Information on Novus Aeterno can be found on facebook and much more information and detail can be found in these forums.

For making a free webpage google free website.

While I know a lot of our fans native language is not English, if the post is not in English it must contain an attempt at a English translation to qualify. It is acceptable if your English is not perfect.

Questions and comments about this event can be asked in this thread.
Last edited by Sypheria on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Re: First Wave Beta Key Giveaway

Postby IVIilitarus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:21 am

I take issue with the fact that most of us don't actually have access to a place with high-traffic where we'll be heard.

I'm posting to Reddit. It's public and pretty high-traffic, but know that most of us don't have this sort of thing. I have 2 low traffic blogs and access to a couple of gaming forums that don't allow advertising. The thing is, most of us normal players aren't high enough on the tree that we can actively support and have a large audience. The average discussion forum doesn't want advertising of obscure games, and Skype group chats and pulling players from other MMO's is strongly discouraged by occupants.

You've got my support: http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments ... hoestring/ and http://www.reddit.com/r/gamernews/comme ... hoestring/

r/gaming is extremely high traffic and if Novus Aeterno gets buried under the Call of Duty killstreak videos, I'll delete and move that advert to r/MMO. r/MMO is smaller, but much more likely to get you some attention.

That's the most I can manage on short notice.

Just saying that word of mouth from players will only get you so far. You're the company and companies have weight. Start speaking to gaming press like TenTonHammer and IGN. Chat to Machinima about hosting your trailers on YouTube. I consider Machinima a view-stealing, attention-whoring bastard of a channel that doesn't do anything good, but it's high-traffic and will accept almost any trailer that flies their way.

Your players won't be able to do what the front page of a large website will do.

EDIT: It hasn't been buried, but I've gotten one upvote and one downvote. r/GamerNews would have been a more appropriate place. The upvote was likely interested. The downvoter was annoyed at the advertising. Posted it to r/GamerNews, too.
If a man speaks his mind and no woman hears him, then is he still wrong?
IVIilitarus

Postby IVIilitarus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:07 am

Cool.

But I was bitching about you not giving us more Denny.

So, can we have more of the soundtrack?
IVIilitarus

Postby Sypheria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:08 am

You can if Nick gives it to you. "I" cannot give you anything.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby Sypheria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:10 am

The size of the audience is only one factor, at least 1/3 of the keys given out will be the team's favorites based solely on the content.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Re: Beta Key Giveaway URLs

Postby Nick » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:48 am

Its a MMORTS not a MMORPG... ok well acualy its a MMORTSRPG xD but the RTS is much biger part of the game then the RPG but i think you will understand more once you are in closed beta ;)

otherwise its a really nice post thanks for helping us out mate! its greatly appreciated, and yes we know this is kinda whoring but unforgettably we dont have many other options. we dont take the help for granted!
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Postby Psychowolf » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:55 am

well this sucks. i cant do any of that stuff. im computer illiterate
NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGIVE! THE FALLEN MUST REPENT! Dark Angels Deathwing Company.
Psychowolf

Postby Sypheria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 am

If you have facebook, just make a post on your own wall and link it.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Re: Beta Key Giveaway URLs

Postby IVIilitarus » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:15 am

MMORPG is close enough. I can't change the title on short notice.

The one pretty much got ignored. The other was nearly ignored. The one in r/gaming is gonna get buried. r/gamernews might live, but there's gonna be a helluva debate on the whoring before people start liking the game. Reddit isn't always acceptive to this kinda stuff.
IVIilitarus

Postby Sypheria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:31 am

Updated the event to make it more accessible to all. Any type of online media is acceptable.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Next

Return to Events