"Kickstarter" Dreadnought

See whats going on in the Novus Aeterno universe.

"Kickstarter" Dreadnought

Postby Azuca88 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:33 pm

Dear Infiltrators!

We want to thank all of you for supporting us & helping develop our game. Now we are heading for Kickstarter so we want to do something special and exclusive for our closest fans! Anyone who has previously signed up to the Infiltrator Program and backs any tier of the Kickstarter will receive an exclusive “Kickstarter” dreadnought which you guys will help us design.

Until Monday evening (GMT) you will have the chance to vote on the look of Dreadnought you would like to see in game!

You will also have the chance to decide upon the name for the ship, as well as it’s general type. The types that are available will be:
A. A well armoured ship with decent speed.
B. A pure war-machine, not fast or very durable but bristling with weapon slots.
C. A well armoured ship that can safely colonize the universe and resupply your fleets.

Voting for the look of the dreadnought will close on Monday the 4th of November.
The voting for the type of dreadnought as well as the name suggestions will close on Friday the 8th of November.
We will then choose the 3 best names from the submitted ideas and then give those back to you for voting until the end of the weekend.

Let us know your vote and ideas below in the comments!
Azuca88

Re: "Kickstarter" Dreadnought

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:06 am

First of all I think that dread will not stay THAT exclusive, as probably 90% of the fanbase will get it xD
But anyways:
Design 3
Type A
"Prometheus" / "Light of the Ancients" / "Star of Rebirth"

And please don't scrap the other designs =P
Last edited by Lord Tyrius on Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
Lord Tyrius

Postby Aetherblade » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:48 am

Well, it will only available during the kickstarter and longterm supportive Infiltrators. So it will get more and more rare as time goes on and more people start playing.

Do you also have a preference for the name you would like to see? (And we never scrap designs. :P)
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby brightblade » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:25 pm

I like design 1.

Type A

name: "Janissary" also the name it has now is cool "Infiltrator" or if no one else votes name it the "Tyrius Brightblade"lol
brightblade

Postby firespier » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 am

i like design 2
but also type A
as for name hmmm
how about "Infiltrator" XD
firespier

Postby Aetherblade » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:22 am

I guess infiltrator is a valid name :D.
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby Rokeugon » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 am

Design 3 by far , it looks the part to cause it sorta resembles the Raven in EVE online
Rokeugon

Postby indi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:56 am

they all look great but number 2 is my fav, 3 looks like a cargo ship from Andromeda :)
indi

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:20 am

Lord Tyrius

Postby Spuffeld » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:35 am

In regards to the "Dreadnought" class ship as a whole in any general game with spaceships, in my opinion should only be a 'War Ship'.

A large mass, huge, very well armored ship that is only offense in the truest form. The lead capital ship of bombardment.

Though I would like to point out. It shouldn't be a god ship. This thing still needs to be able to die if it does not have a supporting fleet.

I think with this type of ship, some inspiration from EvE should be taken. Dreadnoughts in eve will only attack when deployed. When you deploy the ship, it cannot move, or deploy for a certain amount of time. This leaves it vulnerable if deployed to attack if the pilot does not have a support fleet.

Just my ideas for it anyways. As for the design, it just needs to look huge, menacing and fearful.
Spuffeld

Next

Return to Announcements