Developer Blog #7 (10th of April)

See whats going on in the Novus Aeterno universe.

Developer Blog #7 (10th of April)

Postby Azuca88 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:45 pm

The next big update for Novus AEterno is on the verge of completion. As of now, everything is going as planned on the new test server. We are constantly adding and removing elements to this server in order to test everything before sending it your way.

We don’t have an expected release date yet. We apologize for the wait and thank everyone for their patience. We are doing everything we can to make sure we send out the best possible update.

With a lot of hard work, and some luck, we foresee the update being released within the next few days.

Client Team

The Alliance UI is currently going through some changes. Bridge shaders and transitions are officially completed. A few things broke along the way, but they are getting fixed as you read this.

A lot of time is being spent on finding and killing as many bugs as possible and polishing up everything we have already completed.

The next stage of bridge development will be the Client team’s highest priority from now on. They will be working on it full time from here on out.

Server Team

A functioning version of the Offline A.I. has been implemented onto the test server. This version of the A.I is far from complete. As of now, it can be defend star systems on a per planet and per player mechanic and also spawn in ships which are destroyed while a player is offline. There are still a lot of systems which need to be added into the current version of the Offline A.I.

Other work includes working on the troops, NPCs and tactics. The patcher is also taking up a lot of the server team’s time, as it is slightly broken.

Art Team

This week we are showing you the final design for the E.C.H.O. One of the new planet designs we are currently working on and the female version of the Player General.

Saturday Night Livestream!

During this week’s livestream we will be giving you a deeper look at the inner working of the Novus AEterno Dev team. We will be joined by many of the developers of Novus AEterno and sharing exactly what each one is currently up to.

The livesteam will start this Saturday (12th of April) at 10PM GMT on http://www.twitch.tv/novusaeterno
Azuca88

Re: Developer Blog #7 (10th of April)

Postby Fengyea » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:04 pm

cant wait for the live stream
Fengyea

Postby HitoshiMasaki » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:00 pm

o.o noone else commented on such an importnt thin o.o I dun even look at hte novus aeterno thing any more... cause I know there aint no update yet... heck I would love to see just a piece of what ou area ll making....
HitoshiMasaki

Postby itsc0nn0r » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:04 pm

HitoshiMasaki wrote:o.o noone else commented on such an importnt thin o.o I dun even look at hte novus aeterno thing any more... cause I know there aint no update yet... heck I would love to see just a piece of what ou area ll making....

Uhh I don't know what you are really trying to say Hitoshi the update has started to be rolled out on the server and is available for infiltrators to play. And things like the AI will need time because of how complicated it would be to create (speaking from little programming knowledge)
itsc0nn0r

Postby verdiii » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:12 am

the update is partially on the servers now? :o

wow

how about persistancy ... how far is that? or are there still resets? :)
verdiii

Postby Sypheria » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:35 am

For several days and full persistancy will be in in a few more.

The equivalent of 12 days on live have already passed. Some people have a 30% increase in max CP already.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby verdiii » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:46 am

Sypheria wrote:For several days and full persistancy will be in in a few more.

The equivalent of 12 days on live have already passed. Some people have a 30% increase in max CP already.

how do you mean that? i logged in thursday .. and today my account is reset.
verdiii

Postby Sypheria » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:56 am

That's a few days.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Postby verdiii » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:21 am

i didnt understand your "on live" reference though :) sorry.
verdiii

Postby Sypheria » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:13 pm

In real time, not infiltrator, full game, after release.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Next

Return to Announcements