Capital ship 'Basilisk' development

Interested in what the Devs are doing? Come take a look.

Re: Capital ship 'Basilisk' development

Postby Ers213 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:02 pm

Okay, what else? I mean, what other things are you guys planning to release that's still in development? As well as other games, lol. Cause if you guys are developing a game similar to this, and in short terms, a game where you control your own ship and upgrade to a capital ship, I'd definitely play it. Just as long as the level up doesn't exactly take as long as the level up in Battle Star Galactica Online...My GOD that friggin' annoyed the crap out of me (sorry for language). But, I'm just asking to see if you guys WERE planning on doing something like this after Novus is released. And, lol, already watched the 35 Let's Play videos of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, and found out on Wikipedia about Nexus 2 from the mention of the Q4 2011 announcement about it XD But I just wanted to ask about that idea anyway (that other sentence about Nexus was just a quip...again...lol)
Ers213

Postby Sypheria » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:09 pm

This is a MMO; it's the only thing were making and will probably be working on this many years after launch. MMOs continue development for their entire commercial life cycle.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Lord Tyrius » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 am

NO! Many (at first the free) MMOs "die" to the inactity of the devs that started a new project and let the old one... DIE XD
Lord Tyrius

Postby Ers213 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:47 pm

I didn't mean for any backlash..o.o I was just asking, because I had a lot of things going on throughout my mind. =P I just wanted to get that of my chest and over with and since THAT'S done, cest'la'vie. =) lalalaaa...........=P lol AAANYWAY. if there's any thing else I come up with to ask, I'll let you guys know! =)
Ers213

Postby Sypheria » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:11 pm

No backlash; I just mean we're a tiny studio developing a game that is generally made by hundreds to thousands of people. We will be working on it for quite a while before we have the staff to start developing another game.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby LandariOmega » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:44 am

That thing looks absolutely awesome. Oversized guns and giant ships work together so well.
"Anyone need a really big gun?" Five bucks if anyone can get the reference.

In all honesty, the smaller studios are usually the ones that sink or float. The ones who sink are the ones who copy and paste Korean MMO's or those who launch a game and ignore the people who have been following them faithfully since announcement. The ones who float are the ones who innovate, appeal to the silent audience, and make their fans love them all the more.
LandariOmega

Postby DaHawx » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:29 am

Hehe, getting a lot of 'Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion (TEC Titan)' vibes here, except with more detail, looking good so far.
DaHawx

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:02 am

Well, its the same modeller, but a fully different and independent game, and the devs don't like to be compared with other games all the time...
Lord Tyrius

Postby DaHawx » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:08 am

The same modeler? As in the same person who worked on sins? I wasn't comparing, just stating my vibe.
DaHawx

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 am

I think it is the modeller, but at least someone who worked at sins is working on NA now...
Lord Tyrius

PreviousNext

Return to Development