[Artwork] Creating the Verunas

Interested in what the Devs are doing? Come take a look.

[Artwork] Creating the Verunas

Postby PerfectDeath » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:07 pm

This topic will expand and collect some of the concept development of the Verunas, a playable alien race in Novus Aeterno.

Throughout development the Verunas have maintained the design that they are a highly intelligent species that reached the stars before the other species would. The Verunas are blind, they do not see light; instead, they see vibrations, waves, and electrical impulses. While much of their history and culture has not been released to the public yet the Verunas have so far been revealed to be a species that knows of its own superiority. Their technology puts them at a quality advantage that is limited by their lesser numbers.

Let us take a look at some of the earlier concept work released on facebook.

The 4th creature from the right, the original Verunas stood on two legs and had more of a humanoid appearance with its two tentacles looking much more like arms. Additionally a below image is shown with a Verunas in power armour scaled next to a human figure.

This image showcases Rodrigo experimenting with different shapes and designs of the Verunas with the bottom image showing a design we had been satisfied with. The bottom verunas walked on two legs and had much more unique tentacles. They were also designed with a power suit in mind. These verunas were still somewhat humanoid (two 'arms' and two legs) to facilitate cheaper animation. We would; however, push back our plan to animate every species.

This large image resulted from our decision to not limit the Verunas to the initial constraints. The first being an improved design from the old design. The following designs would contribute to the finished design.

The first image posted on facebook on our new Verunas design painted by Daniel showcasing a fight between a Verunas and a Human.

Rodrigo would add some additional sketches to expand on some missing elements of the Verunas like what is inside their mouth.

How a Verunas appears after aging.

And what is at the end of those terrifying tentacles. The verunas are extremely dexterous having evolved as a super predator.

Following this we had begun artwork production on the different Verunas factions and cultures:

I will either post new topics for new Verunas artwork or post updates in this topic.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Re: [Artword] Creating the Verunas

Postby Aurora Imperium » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:45 pm

You know I'm loving the work on this creature very much, no need to say, hehe. But are those wings of some sort on top? And what is their function? And what is the tongue thing?
Aurora Imperium

Postby Sypheria » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:51 pm

In the past, the wings were used for gliding. As time went on, they no longer needed wings and their evolution began to breed it out. It's like how we have organs that we no longer use but are still present in our bodies.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Aetherblade » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Also, that dude is just a punker xD. But OT: do these guys use things like power armor and weaponry as well? I mean they can pretty much kick most races ass anyway, but thats not really a reason not to have it, right? Also, do you guys have some concept art for their buildings or things like that, that you are able to show us?

(also, have you guys seen the title's typo?)
Aetherblade

Postby Sypheria » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:58 pm

There are 2 because thats not how the species name is spelled.

They use weapons and mechs; they actually have the most advanced technology out of any species.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Aurora Imperium » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:46 pm

I want to see a Veruna faction with their comrades in high-tech, full body armor.
Aurora Imperium

Re: [Artwork] Creating the Verunas

Postby PerfectDeath » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 pm

We don't have any new-version powersuit drawings. There is a piece rodrigo drew at boston where a human powersuit fought a verunas powersuit.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7452_o.jpg
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

Postby Aurora Imperium » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 pm

yeah! I remember that. I want to see you guys again.
Aurora Imperium

Postby Daemon216 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:05 am

I have always been a huge fan of high tech races. I will definitely play as the Verunas, and I can't wait for updates! Definitely looking forward to the power suit drawings as well.
Daemon216

Postby Healing Mage » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 am

That is a very sexy set of armor on that human. I'd love to see more like it!
Healing Mage

Next

Return to Development