Is game dead?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Re: Is game dead?

Postby ante185 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:22 am

Aetherblade wrote:
Because of the NDA, I can not say who we are working with (yet), but I CAN say that it is not CCP.

Also, hey Connor, good to see you again!

Are you sure you can say that? I mean I'm not a lawyer but nonetheless
Insert some quote here
ante185

Postby Dwarden » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm

patiently waiting for news too ;)
Ideas are like ocean w/o borders! https;//twitter.com/FoltynD
Dwarden

Postby KrAcKeRsTaXx » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:34 pm

arnt we aLL...REALLY STARTING TO WONDER NOW.
KrAcKeRsTaXx

Postby RedLinkWill » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:22 pm

Really though? At this point in time, I just care if the developers will allow name changes for early supporters. After a few years, you start to "streamline" your own username as this one specific set of texts instead of constantly "inventing" a new one(unless your username is down to the letter random then it must be tedious).

I keep wondering if I set my username too soon, but then that would also mean that I couldn't give my patronage to the game. Either way, a discount at least to make a change would be nice.
RedLinkWill

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:27 am

Hey there :)
You will be able to choose a username for ingame independently from your forum username. Depending on your playstyle you might now want people to know the relation between the two.
There will also be a system in place that will manage how others see you in game. It has been mentioned as "protocols" that you exchange to identify, and that you can change at any point. We will have to see hoe this plays out.

If you talk about the reserved names that where included in some tiers: You might be able to change that if you talk to the devs, doesn't really matter at this point, as I guess the universe will be reset every then and again. Further down the road I'm sure we can figure something out :)
We have also changed usernames on the forums before, PM me if you are interested in that and I'll be glad to help.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Huginn » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:28 pm

over 300 dollars and have to wait more than 6 months between each update and not a single playable client yet.

And its been 5 years.

Cant say im expecting this game ever.
Huginn

Postby AngeredZeus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:35 pm

Huginn wrote:over 300 dollars and have to wait more than 6 months between each update and not a single playable client yet.

And its been 5 years.

Yep, I agree. Makes me kinda sad, because I wanted this to succeed so badly. The game I had been waiting for, for years.
AngeredZeus

Postby Shadows » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Huginn wrote:over 300 dollars and have to wait more than 6 months between each update and not a single playable client yet.

And its been 5 years.

It's clearly only been 3 years for you, considering a 2014 join date. At max it's been 3-4 years for people. 3 years from the kickstarter.

We did have a single playable client a year or two ago.
Shadows

Postby Huginn » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Shadows wrote:It's clearly only been 3 years for you, considering a 2014 join date. At max it's been 3-4 years for people. 3 years from the kickstarter.

We did have a single playable client a year or two ago.

Barely playable. And it was so extremely graphically outdated that it wasnt worth a penny. And the game was worked on years before the kickstarter, and the kickstarter did nothing to improve the game in any way.

If you inlude the extended development its much more than 3 years. Doesnt matter when i appeared or joined, when im speaking of no vast improvements over a extremely extended development process.
Huginn

Postby DEADZER0 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:38 pm

Well sure the game has taken a while, and yeah it sucks that we haven't had a playable version for a while, you have to keep in mind that game development doesn't happen over night. Even some AAA games take over 10 years to make and even then the developers have to patch and update the game, and there will still be bugs. Such as Skyrim. Not saying the games take the same development but, still the point is give them time. I'm not saying to be blindly hopeful but there is time that goes into there things. I personally am hopeful but am fully prepared to not get a game, such is the way of crowd funding games. With the exception of Star Citizen of course.
DEADZER0

PreviousNext

Return to General