What Do you Want to See?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Re: What Do you Want to See?

Postby Azzeral » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:09 pm

What I hope to see soon:

I really want to set up an automated shuttle between worlds. I want to create a cargo ship that will take materials (at a ratio that I can set i.e. 5 * 2500 common, 2 * 2500 uncommon, 1 * 2500 rare) and transport them to one or multiple worlds. It then unloads, comes back and continues. I think this will be even more important when research is implemented as there may be research planets. In that vain I really hope that we will be able to set up an automated system so that the mining planet transports to the tech planet. The tech planet builds the adv. weapons, sends the to the construction planet to be added to the new ships. All while asleep or at work/school.

What would be cool but completely OP:

Giant shield generators that extend a set distance (depending on power input) powered by the a star or black hole. I noticed that power isn't of importance in this game but harnessing the energy of a star, a system, a galaxy are vital to evolution of space faring races.

Anyway keep up the good work :D :P ><
Azzeral

Postby Aetherblade » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:15 am

Well, first off automated cargo routes are definitely in the plans. So that will be a thing for sure. The giant shield generators might become a thing, maybe an alliance building of some kind.

Power will become a thing, at least for construction of ships and perhaps stations. I don't know if we will implement planetside power requirements or generation at this stage.
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby Therianwolf » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:00 pm

Aetherblade wrote:Power will become a thing, at least for construction of ships and perhaps stations. I don't know if we will implement planetside power requirements or generation at this stage.

As much as I would love to see power generation being a thing in all aspects of Novus, its probably too late in the development for such a thing and to add it in later in an "expansion" or patch would probably result in overwhelming veterans but for those tournament servers that were discussed at one point it would be a cool element.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Azzeral » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Also is there going to be an interface that allows us to see the cargo within a ship en route. And in that respect will there be a weapon cool down/reload bar?
Azzeral

Postby Sypheria » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:15 pm

There will be.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Huginn » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:23 pm

iiiii~~~~ waaant to seeee! More lore and things to be....

Races, ships, and guns to bear, and trade routes to pillage and raid!

Planets to bombard, and asteroids to mine bare!

Artifacts to loot, and crafting to boot!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

iiiii~~~~ waaant to seeee! More lore and things to be....

Many mysteries to see, and a universe to store and see.

So many things to corrupt, spy and interrupt!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

whaaaaat~~~~ do you want to seeee? maybe more lore and things to be....
Huginn

Postby Thirlan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:04 am

I'm a bit late to this but here is my take,

1) Persistence and Research

2) Objectives other than war. I'm a big fan of Civilization and I've always found that having the option to focus your resources on things other than just military units can often given more meaning to the game and conversely to the military units themselves. Culture, wonders, science victories, trade, city happiness... Even having a galactic council similar to the Civilization UN councils could be interesting. If war is the only option then often or not it becomes a grind and people frequently stop interacting with each other. At that point I might as well go play Starcraft or Company of Heroes.

Random Events) someone else also mentioned this and I know most pro-players hate random events, but I personally feel random little events in game (like in the Total War series) make the world feel more alive and interesting.
Thirlan

Postby Lord Tyrius » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:33 am

This game is particularly NOT all about war. NA uses a DIME system more information on this can be found either somewhere here on the forums or the wiki (http://novusaeterno.gamepedia.com/D.I.M.E.)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Azzeral » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:13 pm

Thirlan wrote:I'm a bit late to this but here is my take,

having a galactic council similar to the Civilization UN councils could be interesting.

What a novel idea. I like the idea of people forming their own comity (in the alliance system) where people put through legislation and vote. This could be supported through the alliance system with a flexible system to legislate. We could then have warnings to players in the alliance that they are breaking allied law.
Azzeral

Postby Bones » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:55 pm

Just some little things that i would like to see added
More unique skins for ships( seen lots of cool spaceship art on the internet would love to see what you guys can think up)
Economy part of the game finished( trade ships and a robust trade system.)
star-fighters with carrier hulls and skins
More weapons and parts to add to ships
And for twitch livestreams to come back i miss tuning into those every Saturday night
"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."
―Grand Admiral Thrawn
Bones

PreviousNext

Return to General