Show Me Screenshots of Fleets That Feel Good

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Re: Show Me Screenshots of Fleets That Feel Good

Postby Sypheria » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Now show me what you think Veru'nas, humans and Aceans should look like based on that. :P
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Huginn » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:22 pm

Sypheria wrote:Now show me what you think Veru'nas, humans and Aceans should look like based on that. :P

well if 20 are CB and Humans i'd assume on a number basis Veru'nas would be 5. Aszendie 10-15. Aceans 30+.

Edited numbers to more sensible proportions.

Acean: 30+
CB/Humies: 20
Veru'nas 5-10
Aszendie: 10-15
Huginn

Postby Bellisarius » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:53 pm

Sypheria wrote:Use humans units to take screenshots.
Human corvettes are aceans, dreads are verunas.

100 units isn't manageable.

Think about it like this.
How many units can you comfortably control if you had to manually click a unit then hit a button and then click a target to attack for every single attack.

Micro-managing every ship, I might low ball it at a dozen but no more than fifty.
“They are free -yes- but only not entirely free; for they have a master, and that master is Law, which they fear much more than your subjects fear you.” –Herodotus 7.102 (Demaratus to Xerxes concerning Spartans)
Bellisarius

Postby Lightmoore » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:19 pm

Here is a pic of my weapons spread from fleet 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tkgxu215f6cq ... 3.png?dl=0
Lightmoore

Postby Lightmoore » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:36 pm

here is another pic with 150 ship fleet. Notice the CP counter.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvymcaj3nnn8f ... 2.png?dl=0
Lightmoore

Postby Lord Tyrius » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:54 am

~10-20 ships; ~250k CP; manageable;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Cut123 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:05 pm

One thing that could be used to increase the size of fleets without taxing management too much would be the ability to put units into groups and have the group respond as if you commanded a single unit. Similar to how the total war series does it. Personally, using this, a thousand swarmer type units would not be a problem if they were split into ten to twenty groups. On the other side, Veru'nas ships could be forty times stronger, and have less of them, but with active abilities that could help balance things out. I do agree with Huginn though. Organic type ships are weaker than ships made of steel and titanium, so they should have higher numbers to compensate and be among the weakest individual units if following logic's natural course. On the other side, if those life forms were able to fuse the carbon inside them into diamond...
Cut123

Postby ante185 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:44 am

Cut123 wrote:One thing that could be used to increase the size of fleets without taxing management too much would be the ability to put units into groups and have the group respond as if you commanded a single unit. Similar to how the total war series does it. Personally, using this, a thousand swarmer type units would not be a problem if they were split into ten to twenty groups. On the other side, Veru'nas ships could be forty times stronger, and have less of them, but with active abilities that could help balance things out. I do agree with Huginn though. Organic type ships are weaker than ships made of steel and titanium, so they should have higher numbers to compensate and be among the weakest individual units if following logic's natural course. On the other side, if those life forms were able to fuse the carbon inside them into diamond...

Like squads in Men Of War?
Realised something about myself, caused me a personal crisis and gave me w new hobby. Now I need how to draw fml
ante185

Postby Huginn » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:20 pm

Cut123 wrote:On the other side, if those life forms were able to fuse the carbon inside them into diamond...

Diamonds aint even near what they can dish out.

to further add, diamonds is a resource that is.... most likely considered useless in the novus universe.
Huginn

Postby PerfectDeath » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:24 am

Bit late to reply here, my generic Human Skirmish Fleet is two groups of 10x Destroyers and one group of 10 Cruisers. For micro, right now it is pretty simple if I use each group as a "unit" or to break each group into fives and use those five as a "unit"

One of the things we will be expanding upon is what a single ship can do, we've mentioned Human ships being able to change ammunition, only one shield can be active at a time per ship, fighter deployment and management, along with other activatable abilities. So, having a large fleet of ships with multiple abilities could end up being a waste.
support@taitale.com - kickstarter@taitale.com
I try to be on our Steam Chat as often as possible.
PerfectDeath
Lore Master

Location: Everytime an infiltrator masterbates, Sypheria crashes the server.

PreviousNext

Return to General