Is game dead?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Re: Is game dead?

Postby andy7042 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 pm

i wonder can we do private games with friends and play, but i wonder will there be territory colors when you open the galaxy map for example stellaris ?
andy7042

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Hey Andy :)
As it is a MMO the main part of the game takes place in the single persistent universe.
As far as I can tell, this is the main focus of development right now.

In the past there have been mentions of other game modes: "event" servers with different speed and/or rules, "king of the hill"/battle royale kind of servers where people fight to last man standing over limited resources, more traditional RTS gameplay where players battle with predefined fleets, without impact on the persistent universe (maybe a ladder/ranking system?). Anything is possible. But it is unlikely we will see this in the near future, as the core game needs priority of course ;)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Lord Tyrius

Postby Shadows » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:29 pm

Huginn wrote:
Barely playable. And it was so extremely graphically outdated that it wasnt worth a penny. And the game was worked on years before the kickstarter, and the kickstarter did nothing to improve the game in any way.

If you inlude the extended development its much more than 3 years. Doesnt matter when i appeared or joined, when im speaking of no vast improvements over a extremely extended development process.

The development time has only been 1-2 years, they had to transfer over to a new engine... sure some assets were saved, but meh... nightmare all the same.

The playable state is irrelevant, it was playable and they upheld their end of the deal.

In the end, I'm not sure why you are here... I have backed projects that gave me far less of a game which went belly up. But I don't harass the teams or the community behind them, as that's a shit thing to do.

Do we know for a fact they're still working on it? Nope. But what we were given WAS a game... and we COULD play it. They have also stated they are at a point that is further along than the old infiltrator server or w/e IIRC.
Shadows

Postby exioce » Tue May 02, 2017 7:08 pm

Aetherblade wrote:Because of the NDA, I can not say who we are working with (yet), but I CAN say that it is not CCP.

Eh, in that case I'm going very strongly with Paradox.
exioce

Postby ante185 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:48 am

exioce wrote:
Eh, in that case I'm going very strongly with Paradox.

If it is then we might see something in under two weeks, PDXcon may the 13-14th.
Would be kinda funny to walk in there to see this there, but alas that sounds too good to be true
Realised something about myself, caused me a personal crisis and gave me w new hobby. Now I need how to draw fml
ante185

Postby Flatlander » Mon May 08, 2017 9:46 am

I check this website every week or two to see what progress has been made.

I'm just glad that the developers are still giving us information that they are alive.
There are plenty of games where the developers literally disappear, and you have no idea for months if the game is dead, or they are just bad at communicating.

So with that in mind. I appreciate the Developers and Community Managers here actually responding to threads. Even if the forums are basically completely dead while waiting for an update.
Flatlander

Postby Sypheria » Mon May 08, 2017 2:26 pm

We'll be here. ^_^
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby AdmiralStorm » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:15 am

i miss the old testing days
Fleet : United Human Colonial Navy's 3rd Fleet
Ship : HCS New York
Current Mission : Classified Under Security Act Alpha 52
-Reason for going by Storm : Admiral's History with Surprise attacks during natural events
Alliance : Consortium of Planets
AdmiralStorm

Postby Valentin » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Guys, remember that you have Competitors :-)
I recently tried out Starborne, and they are going a nice way.
Personally I still hope you guys come up with something Great.
But you need to find a way to show us some content - concept Art - Anything.
Can you at least tell us, if we can expect something playable for the Infiltrators in 2017 ?
A ton of time has passed since I backed this Game. I see it as a long-time-investment.
But please, can't you handle something out with your publisher to show us stuff ?
Starborne has Devs that actually come Discord once a week.
Here a single nice picture a month would be cool.
A 10 Second Video sequence with your best stuff.
Some kind of... hint.
I really like your Game. And I just hope to see something.
And I especially hope the Lights don't simply go out one day and you fade without a trace.
Valentin

Postby Shadows » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:55 am

I actually don't see much competition on the horizon for Novus Aeterno, even though it's been quite a few years. The main draw for Novus Aeterno is that it is a massively multiplayer online persistent experience. It looks like Starborne is was one those "campaign" games, kind of like Das Tal. Which is great and all, but it's a completely different experience.

A few others have cropped up, like Beyond Dark... but they haven't put anything forward yet either.
Shadows

PreviousNext

Return to General