Is game dead?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Is game dead?

Postby megatiger78 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:34 am

is this game dead?
megatiger78

Re: Is game dead?

Postby Sypheria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:43 am

No, we are still working on it.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Bardoth » Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:52 am

So it is 2017 and there is still no playable version is this game dead? And if it is not when can we expect a playable game even a beta...
Bardoth

Postby Aetherblade » Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:11 am

Bardoth wrote:So it is 2017 and there is still no playable version is this game dead? And if it is not when can we expect a playable game even a beta...

Hey Bardoth,

As you may have read in the various other places, we are actually still very much under development. We are actually making much more progress now than we did in the past, but we had to switch engines when our previous one changed it's purpose which was painful for both us and our backers. We ARE still working hard on it though, and it's turning into something much more than what we ever hoped to shoot for, and the only reason we haven't put out more footage is because of an NDA we are currently working under. Once that gets lifted we'll do a mega update.

Cheers,
-Luuk / Aether
Guide to the game:
Link
Game tutorial videos: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2901

Want to keep up to date on the playtesting / server status, or just talk to the developers? The steam group is a good way to get in touch! We are always in chat on Thursdays and often on the days as well to talk with you guys about whatever :). Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NovusA ... filtrators
Aetherblade

Postby Teilchen » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 pm

Can you tell us more about the NDA?
When will it be lifted?

And aren't you afraid of scope creep?
If you make the game more than you ever hoped for, how do you prevent running out of money before the game gets shipped? (And earns enough to fund the servers?)

As a backer, that would be nice to know. I kinda assumed that this game is pretty much dead, since it has been ages since the last update.
Teilchen

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Teilchen wrote:Can you tell us more about the NDA?
When will it be lifted?

And aren't you afraid of scope creep?
If you make the game more than you ever hoped for, how do you prevent running out of money before the game gets shipped? (And earns enough to fund the servers?)

As a backer, that would be nice to know. I kinda assumed that this game is pretty much dead, since it has been ages since the last update.

Hey Teilchen,

Rule 1 of NDAs is you don't talk about NDAs :lol: (sorry couldn't help myself)

There is no set date as it depends on many factors which I cant go into =/ I am sorry.

In regards to finances: the kick starter money unfortunately was used up quite a wile back, it was just barely enough to get us out in some sort of early access and then we where hit with the tone of bricks in the face that was needing to completely rebuild the client on unity. For the past wile we have returned to self funding, which has also caused a lot of the slow downs as we returned to quite unreliable indie financing. However we are all far to stubborn to give up.

With the above said, creep scope in our case is only really a issue if it is not well funded. Being well funded means we could accomplish everything we originally set out to, and a shit tone of extra creeped features faster then we would be able to get out a minimum viable product underfunded.

So in short, scope creep in this case could mean a boost in overall progress.

I hope this answers your questions albeit in a very round about way due to the NDA.
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Postby exioce » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:03 pm

At the present time, how far into development of the base game would you guys say NA is? Are we past the half-way mark, for example?
exioce

Postby Teilchen » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks for the answer.

So if I read correctly, you now have more funding, but it invovles a NDA?

Guess I just have to be patient for the time being.
Teilchen

Postby Nick » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:13 pm

exioce wrote:At the present time, how far into development of the base game would you guys say NA is? Are we past the half-way mark, for example?

I think a bit past the halfway mark to a playable public build. proper balancing will take a wile and i wouldn't consider the game done until its balanced which makes it harder to put a % till done.

Teilchen wrote:Thanks for the answer.

So if I read correctly, you now have more funding, but it involves a NDA?

Guess I just have to be patient for the time being.

that's correct
Nick
Suit Battle Armour Commander

Return to General