Is there anything we can do?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Re: Is there anything we can do?

Postby Therianwolf » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:11 am

Was not aware the ship insurance was with in game "currency" could have sworn I heard it was a subscription based thing but it's just as likely in mixing things up in my head. I've also intentionally not looked up much about the game, intentional ignorance to keep me from spending money I don't have and time I should be more responsible with. When it is released THATS when I will take a serious look at, I have no interesting in purchasing ships cause that eliminates part of the reason for playing it. I want to earn stuff, unlock stuff, find new things. That's why I like Novus, the random research tree is what sold me on it. Add to the crafting system and artifacts and you have game that has variety. When I played city of heroes I don't think I found a single player with the exact same build, pretty sure that was more luck then diversity. It was cool being the only one with my specific build and when I ran across someone with the same offensive capabilities but different defensive abilities (I was super reflexes which was dodging everything he was super regeneration, wolverine) we had a dual and it ended in a draw which was AWESOME.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Shadows » Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:26 am

Yeah, I sincerely hope there is something similar to that in SC. Far too early to tell though, I hope it takes awhile to kit out a ship, and that it would continually evolve. I know there will be "rare" artifacts that can be found by exploring and whatnot. Hopefully that can be similar to research and such. It just depends on how in depth they get :)

The problem that I think CIG will run into is that they continually say that your pledging money to support a game, not buying ships. However, the mentality that most people have is that they ARE buying ships. They want the value they pay to equal the value of a ship. When the game launches, I have to wonder how CIG will deal with the conflicting ideologies. Will they give into the masses?

In fact, I'm afraid CIG has already given into the pressure. I have not heard them stress the fact that the purchases are pledges in a long time. All I have heard is that we do NOT have to buy extra ships, and they will be obtainable in the game.
Shadows

Postby Shadows » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Sorry to completely hijack this thread, but Tyrius, if you are serious about getting a discount on the base game... it's available for $30 right now. Not sure what's going on to be honest, but they are there... again?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pled ... en-Starter

There are around 1,000 packages left for $30.
Please note, as of January 31st the PU and Squadron 42 will be sold as SEPARATE games, this is probably the last time you will be able to pick up both for such a phenomenal price.

Think of it as two games, one a MMO and one like Wing Commander. They are currently sold in tandem with eachother, but they will be separated early 2016.
Shadows

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:40 am

Thanks Shadows, I just picked myself up a copy ;)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Shadows » Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:27 pm

Hey hey! Welcome to the party!

Chances are you will be able to fire up Alpha 2.0 before I do ;)
Shadows

Postby Lord Tyrius » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:02 pm

I would, but I realized that my current rig can't run it even on low settings. I'll get an upgrade soon tho, so it's ok :)
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Therianwolf » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:30 am

So I just looked at star citizens YouTube channel… I envy their fans. Imagine if Novus Had all that money…
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Lightmoore » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:23 am

Then we would be Star Citizens an not Novus Aeterno. I didn't win the Powerball Sat. (or for that matter didn't get many no.s on my tickets either. :sad: ) But I get another chance Wednesday.
Lightmoore

Postby Therianwolf » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:46 am

I want to join star citizen, I like the idea of being a single ship in a galaxy that can fly around undetected… problem is I don't have a juggernaut of a computer to handle what I'm pretty sure has ludicrous requirements. Novus I can run… mostly. The single greatest selling point for me in Novus is the randomize advancement, none of this predictable strategy capable over used talent tree.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Previous

Return to General