Is there anything we can do?

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Is there anything we can do?

Postby AeonH4x » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:16 am

Is there anything that we could do that could help to speed up the development process for you guys?

Pardon my impatience haha. Genuinely wondering if we can in any way support you guys.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left. - Bertrand Russel
No Regrets Only Glory
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.
AeonH4x

Re: Is there anything we can do?

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:24 am

Can't hurt to say this much, they are working on it everyday and from what I can tell by the time they could get a build of the game avalible for testers, the programmers have already done enough that any results of testing would be almost likely irrelevant.
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Sypheria » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:54 am

^ Hes one of the current testers and we normally have things fixed before he finds them.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:22 am

I can only agree. Things are iterated/improved on at a rate where by the time I have downloaded a new build it's basicly already out-of-date ;)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Shadows » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:09 am

Glad it's coming along nicely, you guys rock!

I can NOT wait to get back to my gaming rig.

6 months is far too long ;)

Elite Dangerous New Horizons (heard it was a pretty big let down unfortunately)
Pulsar Lost Colony
Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 (maybe the bugs will be kinked out before I get to it!)

Have a lot of things I need to boot up ;D
Shadows

Postby Lord Tyrius » Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:01 am

Indeed!

I wish I picked up a SC package when it was still $25, I planned to do so, but somehow it slipped off my radar :( (The cheapest package is now more than twice as much)
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:05 am

I want to but I don't want to get onboard with star citizen, it's a beast that scares me. City of heroes was fun, world of Warcraft was addictive. I'm pretty sure star citizen will cost me too much time, plus there's the whole pay to win and when ships can be permanently destroyed that scares me. Nothing like spending days in a game only to have your hard work be wiped out by someone with way to much cash on hand… then again I'm more of a explorer type player it seems
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Shadows » Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Shoot, sorry Lord of Tyrius! If I had read your reply sooner, could have snatched you a package for $30
Every now and then there is a sale where packages are $30. Unfortunately, they aren't all that common, but there was one yesterday.

I cannot deny the issue of pay to win... depending on your definition of pay to win, it could fall under that category.

However, I can deny the permanently destroyed aspect of ships. Insurance will be a very minuscule portion of your day to day expenses (fuel, hangar fees, insurance). The hull insurance will be covered everywhere, you will not be able to lose your ship unless you don't have insurance on it... which, from my understanding will be hard to do. Weapon upgrades/cargo insurance, on the other hand, will most likely not be covered in lawless spaces.

If either of you do decide to hop onto the Star Citizen train, you can send Darkness a message. Would be happy to answer questions, get hyped... that kinda thing.

Oh, and you guys should see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nED3epWgsp0

Keep in mind, this is there first iteration of PG... I just hope they don't go the Elite Dangerous route

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ck049Bg_I
Is a better video of the same thing
Last edited by Shadows on Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shadows

Postby damien3221 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:20 pm

Therianwolf wrote:I want to but I don't want to get onboard with star citizen, it's a beast that scares me. City of heroes was fun, world of Warcraft was addictive. I'm pretty sure star citizen will cost me too much time, plus there's the whole pay to win and when ships can be permanently destroyed that scares me. Nothing like spending days in a game only to have your hard work be wiped out by someone with way to much cash on hand… then again I'm more of a explorer type player it seems

Yes ive not got on board with SC as of yet waiting for some more content to be released and the bugs to be worked out, I'm also quite concerned at the level of hate and expectation SC is generating, I understand people have dumped a lot of cash into the game but its still in an early stage of development and I understand that developing games can be very unforgiving at times so delays are sometimes inevitable, so I will watch from the sidelines at least until a beta comes out.
damien3221

Postby Lord Tyrius » Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:18 am

Shadows wrote:Every now and then there is a sale where packages are $30. Unfortunately, they aren't all that common, but there was one yesterday.

Well I guess I'll wait for the next one then ;)
Due to the reasons mentioned I'm not gonna dump a lot of cash, but I believe it will be well worth 30 bucks (that's also an amount of money I'm willing to risk/loose potentionally, as will all investments like this).
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Next

Return to General