Where the hell is the game

Novus Aeterno discussions; what more needs to be said?

Where the hell is the game

Postby Cinder » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:12 pm

So I beleive I've been introduced to this game around 2 years ago and it was said its coming out to steam that christmass. Well its a few years later can some one catch me up on development?
Cinder

Re: Where the hell is the game

Postby Therianwolf » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:52 pm

Ugh, that's a lot to catch up on… they switched to a new engine, closed the open(?) alpha and are now on a closed beta. That's the VERY basic info, just go to the dev blogs and read those to get a better idea cause they contain everything you need to know without all the unnecessary comments from everyone else. Beyond the forum those dev blogs are actually on the home page
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby darkae » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:58 am

wolf is blind and it would seem that this game will never be what was promised. half a million down the tube.
darkae

Postby Lord Tyrius » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Wolf is one of the few that are allowed to see something, doesn't make him blind exactly.
What promise about the released game are you refering to? I am not aware of a feature/mechanic/etc that was once promised and is no longer planed.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Need anything or have any questions? Drop me a message! (Click)
Follow me on Twitch|YouTube|Twitter
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Therianwolf » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:47 pm

darkae wrote:wolf is blind and it would seem that this game will never be what was promised. half a million down the tube.

LMAO! You aren't entirely wrong. I was blind to one thing, YOUR posts. Lol completely forgot I blocked you and your trolling, was wondering what Tyrius was talking about. But the creator of this post isn't wrong, there was something of a claim that it was suppose to be on steam like the Christmas after the Kickstarter ended or something like that. Then the memory leak happened, sypherias computer blew up, the legal thing happened and this Novus was rebuilt from scratch in unity (the "new engine"). But all that's out in the public at this point and all in the dev blogs
Howl to the king
Therianwolf

Postby Lord Tyrius » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:12 am

Yeah, but nothing you said will make the game "never be what was promised", they just delayed it.
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Postby Dr4kon » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:52 am

I would like to ask whats the status of the game atm. I backed it back in 2014 when i now start the launcher it says authentification key invalid or expired so i turn back the time on the pc to december 2014 and i can start. When i want to log in it says the game is outdatet i should start the launcher but i could start the game so i think its up to date.
Dr4kon

Postby Sypheria » Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:09 pm

Access is currently closed to the public.
Sypheria
Universe Architect

Location: WinSock.h ln 458 #define AF_UNKNOWN1 20 /*Somebodys using this! */

Postby Lord Tyrius » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:36 pm

Dr4kon wrote:I would like to ask whats the status of the game atm. I backed it back in 2014 when i now start the launcher it says authentification key invalid or expired so i turn back the time on the pc to december 2014 and i can start. When i want to log in it says the game is outdatet i should start the launcher but i could start the game so i think its up to date.

Sypheria wrote:Access is currently closed to the public.

If you want to know more about where the game is standing, I would suggest to follow Therianwolf's advice to check out the latest devblogs. (Big news are addressed starting with #45 viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14679)
- Cheers!, Tyrius
Lord Tyrius

Return to General